Really Long Songs....

well it sounds like Edge Of Sanity's 'Crimson' will have to join my collection, especially if Mike sings on it! :) :)

Originally posted by YaYoGakk
well it sounds like Edge Of Sanity's 'Crimson' will have to join my collection, especially if Mike sings on it! :) :)

Why just because Mike sings on it . If mike didn't song on It , it would still be one of the best albums of all fucking time . Mike has nothing to do with how good it is . But it's always good to hear a world talent sing one sream and play a very dead solo .

Originally posted by Raven777
Mike Oldfield is amazing. I can't believe I forgot about that guy. The number of instruments he can play is not alone impressive - he releases an album almost every two years and never runs out of things to say musically.

I don't know, after tubular bells he had a lot to live up to and from what I've heard of his later music he didn't. I may just have heard the bad bits tho

Kyuss's third album, Sky Valley is three tracks (each composed of 3-4songs) which flow together quite seemlessly. I think they each clock in around 15-20 minutes.

Morgion did some really long shit too, didn't they?

Inna-Gadda-Da-Vida by Iron Butterfly clocks in at 17:03 or something.. so it's close.

I know Toad by Cream is 16 something. Those are both a little more classic, but they're great. Best listened to from an LP on big old headphones, with the coily-wire, you know!

:D

Originally posted by warsofwinter

Why just because Mike sings on it . If mike didn't song on It , it would still be one of the best albums of all fucking time . Mike has nothing to do with how good it is . But it's always good to hear a world talent sing one sream and play a very dead solo .
yeh i know, i was just judging by how much it was mentioned and the words used to describe it. Sounds like people love it. I said "especially if Mike sings on it", meaning that him singing was just an added bonus.

Also Mortiis' first album, Fodt til A Herske is comprised of two traks, part one and part two. The first is like 25 minutes long and the second is about 27 minutes long.

In the Woods... - Omnio? (pre, bardo and post)

Simply Brilliant!

The song is split into three tracks but is continuous. Clocks in at a total of 26 minutes.

Originally posted by Morningrise
Also Mortiis' first album, Fodt til A Herske is comprised of two traks, part one and part two. The first is like 25 minutes long and the second is about 27 minutes long.

Hehe I've seen so many photos of him and interviews yet have never heard ne of his music. Whats it like?

My friend whos looking ovewr my shoulder want me to put some smilies in so: :p :headbang: :hotjump: :devil: