Really Official UM´s Member Pictures

Seraphim's smile scares me
1087.gif
j/k

If you don't like Marimekko designs, you can ignore this post as well. :p
These are some products of Marimekko that I have:

Puketti handbag (but actually in black and white)
mar-91-02-2.jpg

Unikko curtains in blue and white
pieni_unikko_blue_thumb.jpg

Kaivo curtains in yellow and black
kaivo.jpg

Maalaisruusu table clot in blue
51045_Maalaisruusu_c121_FIN.jpg

I have other Marimekko bags such as Magneetti in black and Rahastaja in red
http://www.marimekko.com/index_eng.html

Here are also some designs by Marimekko in different colours
www.scandinaviandesign.com/ marimekko/000208.htm.

Tasaraita shirts I have in dozens of different colours, also other tricot shirts and dresses I can't find pictures of
img1.jpg

Yep, I am a fan. :loco:
And sorry, I was bored.

I can't be bothered submitting my picture to the official members page thing right now, so I'll just post it here:

Me13.jpg

Besides, I'm a n00b anyway and I doubt any of you have even seen me around the forums before - so hey everyone :)

Hearse said:
ARgh... can't help it but marikomekko design have always disturbed me.
They just look so GRANNY style :ill:
or that you have made your cloths of your old grannys curtains :erk:
No they are not granny style. They are timeless. Like myself. :tickled:
You know Marimekko has done very well in last couple of years so they sell a lot these days, worldwide too. Marimekko is respected in fashion industry.
But each one can have their own taste, what ever it may be.

despite all the positive feelings i have towards finland and finnish people in general, we must admit their style and fashion are from the last century. i understand i'm too picky also 'cause i've grown up in milan, but c'mon :p

(nothing personal up there)

EDIT:
i only now see this. you rock mike, thumbs up :headbang:

Picture%2021.jpg

@mourningstar, so please show us what is fashionable then in your opinion? And your clothes, got any pictures? :p Dolce & Gabbana perhaps..?

Did you know that Carrie [Sarah Jessica Parker] aka trendsetter/actress of Sex and the City loves Marimekko designs? ;)
Marimekko's Unikko design fabric (same as my curtains, in blue) has just been seen on Sex and the city just a couple of weeks ago. So what is fashion now if not that.

Lolita Vampiriá said:
@mourningstar, so please show us what is fashionable then in your opinion? And your clothes, got any pictures? :p Dolce & Gabbana perhaps..?
now, what a stupid reply you wrote. one doesn't have to own any d&g clothes or to dress like a top model everyday to state something isn't fashionable or is, to say the least, a bit retrò.
i could go around naked or covered with rags everyday, for what matters, and still i would be able to express my opinion on the subject.
if you want to know something about me personally, maybe hoping to find a little something to build your next reply on, here you go: personally, i seldom wear designer clothes, i much prefer to pick what i like instead of going hunting for expensive clothes. style and good taste don't necessarily go together with expensive clothes. but i happen to have worked for an important fashion company and helped organising their fashion shows last year, so i know something about fashion (even if i don't like that world).

luckily i added mine wasn't a personal comment, otherwise you would have written a book instead of a post, quoting all the appearances of marimekko in movies, tv shows and pictures in the last decade.
also, i think i've been polite, i didn't say your dress is crap (and i don't think it is); perhaps you take things a bit too seriously, and consider every post that contains a quote to a message of your's as a personal attack, unless there is written something on the lines of "how beautiful you are".

Lolita Vampiriá said:
Did you know that Carrie [Sarah Jessica Parker] aka trendsetter/actress of Sex and the City loves Marimekko designs? ;)
Marimekko's Unikko design fabric (same as my curtains, in blue) has just been seen on Sex and the city just a couple of weeks ago. So what is fashion now if not that.
this doesn't disprove me: still finland isn't famous for fashion. as is america (i think sj parker is american).

one thing is for sure: austin power would love those clothes.

Mourningstar: yes I took it personally even if you did state one shouldn't take it that way but "nothing personal" is just a phrase in my book. One can not help it, forgive me. Your first reply was being a bit arrogant, wouldn't you say. It wasn't anything positive or constructing.. I was just asking since you mentioned the word fashion in the first place, please tell me what it is since it sounded like you have an idea.

However, I have my style and wear what I will, trendy or non-trendy, retro, vintage, anything that I feel confortable wearing and which pleases my eye.
I can read between the lines too.

Austin Powers rocks btw. :)

chill out, lolita. my first post was far from being arrogant, and since you claim to be able to read between the lines, try to get the general meaning of what's written in the lines.
my comment wasn't constructive? and since when a thread about pictures is meant to contain constructive replies? i thought it was for posting pictures and writing personal opinions about them. i think as far as constructive comments go, mine was more so than a simple "awwwww cute", which is what seems to be the rule in here.
for the record, i tend to read mainly threads with interesting contents, not only on um, adding my opinion. there one is supposed to be constructive, not necessarily in this one thread.
and then, something tells me that you wouldn't have complained about me being not constructive if i had said "that dress fucking rules". am i wrong?

and i can't see how saying what i consider to be fashionable here can help you in any way. i can say i like what's in harmony with the other things one's wearing, what doesn't have too many strong colours matching together, what has some particulars that make it elegant and nice without being too noticeable. now? happy? but remember it's not me posting here pictures of my clothes, so it's not me exposing myself to people's comments.
keep dressing how you prefer, of course, i'd be a bit stupid to expect people to start disliking what they used to like only because i don't share their taste. i wouldn't even want it, my goal wasn't to push you down the drain.

and if you took it personally, well that's your problem. i had no intention to argue or to sound nasty, but it seems you have the power to drive people mad with you reasonings, or lack of.
there's nothing more i can do other than try to be polite, say that i love finland and that what i say is not meant to be personal. if you expect to shut the mouths of all the ones that might have to say something that doesn't please you, well i'm afraid you're very wrong, and you didn't get the spirit of online forums (and basic communication, as well).

i guess we'd better stop it here, both you and me surely have more interesting things to do than trying to match our points of view, which clearly stand too far away from each other.

cheers