Reasons Why....

UltimateApathy

Infinite Idiocy
Dec 10, 2012
Path Of The Misanthrope
So in this thread you simply list a few reasons why whichever topic you choose is true. I'll go first:

....it sucks chunks of diarrhea ass to live in the U.S.:

*Donald Trump.
*Tons of guns.
*Tons of dumb rednecks.
*Most expensive healthcare in the world.
*Most expensive tertiary education in the world.

....symphonic metal is better than other kinds of metal:

*the only metal genre that encompasses both the raw aggression of metal and the epic beauty of classical music.

*since it spans such a massive musical spectrum, the composers need more in-depth musical knowledge than other metal genres.

I'm not paying for your college or healthcare. I'd rather have you stupid and sick/dead.

Symphonic metal is cool tho

I'm not paying for your college or healthcare. I'd rather have you stupid and sick/dead.

Of course you prefer a stupid populace. How else would your God-Emperor Trump have been propelled to power?

symphonic metal is generally some of the most meatheaded music there is, just in denial about it.

I wouldn't say so. Symphonic metal bands like Epica and Xandria sound like pseudo-bombastic pop metal, but "meatheaded" ranks pretty low on the list of words I'd use to describe it. It does irk me, though, that many people would toss Therion into that pile with those aforementioned bands, that it can be safely assumed that they're a band that went to shit after their first few albums. If I can dispossess just one person here of that assumption, I'll consider it a success.

Also, as much as UA's interminable priapism for the band fills me with shame for liking them, early Limbonic Art was still grim and trve. As is the more atmospheric strain of symphonic black metal pioneered by Summoning. However, modern symphonic black metal, for the most part, is just too clean and polished. As for symphonic power metal, I don't care for much of it beyond Rhapsody, but that's mainly just because Euro power metal in general is often quite insipid. Symphonic elements neither add to nor detract from the mix.

But I think we can all agree that Mr. Infinite Idiocy is talking out of his ass in saying that only symphonic metal combines the "raw aggression of metal" with the "epic beauty of classical music."

Last edited:
...Donald Trump won the election.

*the broken electoral system of the USA actually allows a person to "win" the election even if they lose the popular vote by several million votes. This is the only democratic (or perhaps should that be "democratic") country in the world where this can happen, and is a direct contradiction of the central tenet of elections in general: that they should reflect the will of the people.

Show me another country that is a representative democracy and a federal republic and you can hit two birds with one stone.

Edit: If the system is broken it is broken in that anybody actually thinks it is a two-party system. The DNC and GOP are merely corporatists with a pretense of rivalry.

Last edited:
search

But at least some dumb, uneducated rednecks were happy (about destroying their country's position of global dominance). 'Murica - land of soap-opera, clown-faced politics...

Attachments

• popular-vote.jpg
    popular-vote.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 2
But at least some dumb, uneducated rednecks were happy (about destroying their country's position of global dominance). 'Murica - land of soap-opera, clown-faced politics...

Attachments

• popular-vote (1).jpg
    popular-vote (1).jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 2
  • popular-vote (1).jpg
    popular-vote (1).jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 1