Rebuilding the Megadeth Collection?

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
With the remasters out, are you rebuilding the collection by rebuying all the remasters?! I'm sick of this shit & haven't bought anything from the batch of reissues. I'm looking out on Ebay for some schmuck listing a cdr of all the bonus tracks... I figure I'd rather pay a few bucks for that than buy the 4-5 discs that I like... Who fucking knows, Capitol might put out a fucking boxset by X-Mas & it will have all that shit in there anyway...
You?
SIXXSWINE=\m/

I learned the lesson the hard way already. When Mustaine remastered "Killing Is My Business" I bought it immediately only to find that the only thing wothwhile was the cover and some liner notes. The sound wasn't thrilling I can live with the original and Dave yielding to lawyers recording 'These Boots' editing the profanity SUCKS BIG FUCKING TIME! So I decided that there's no reason whatsoever to buy the re-recordings, and the bonus tracks whatever they may be are not grabbing me. Moreover I love the MD.45 album with Ving vocals so I don't want it with Dave's vocals.

I have Iron Maiden Castle reissues and those were good, I have the Judas Priest reissues and those were goods, I even have a couple of Black Sabbath Castle reissues, but there's a limit on how many times you are going to buy the same album...and Dave crossed that limit widely.

Wyvern said:
I have the Judas Priest reissues and those were good
Indeed, except for Defenders of the Faith with its swapped guitar channels :erk: And Screaming has too much noise reduction.

Still I would buy every reissue out there... if the bands were willing to trade them for my old versions :loco:
As for the KIMB remaster I think it was worth hearing, the new mix is much clearer IMO.

I haven't heard the KIMB remaster so I can't comment on the sound, but the only reason I would ever buy it is the demo bonus tracks. I don't like the new cover and the advertisement sticker is hugely misleading, saying something like "expanded packaging with lots of photos" and it only has one photo! There was another reissue which came few years earlier and it had the original cover and many old photos! There probably wasn't "These Boots" in it but I'd rather be without it than have a butchered, beeped version of it. As for these new reissues, I'm definitely not going to buy them even though the bonustracks seem interesting. But the new version of SFSGSW sounds terrible! The sound is really weak, especially on the drums. They removed everything from the sound that I loved and reminded of the 80's. Unlike many, I actually love the production on that one.

I rest my case after TMT statement, but I'm going to add 'She Wolf'. I downloaded the remaster and have some silly sound on the guitar that wasn't on the original, that takes the sheer energy of that song (even if it was in the late albums of the band). Basically that destroyed any desire in me to spend cash in Dave's future :D

Wyvern said:
I rest my case after TMT statement, but I'm going to add 'She Wolf'. I downloaded the remaster and have some silly sound on the guitar that wasn't on the original, that takes the sheer energy of that song (even if it was in the late albums of the band). Basically that destroyed any desire in me to spend cash in Dave's future :D
Even on The System Has Failed?
Just wondering...:tickled:

I'm not even going to bother.. the only albums i even liked by Megadeth were/are Peace Sells and Rust in Peace... i still have both on tape though i want them on CD... i'll probably buy the original CD's on ebay if i can find them sometime..

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
I'm not even going to bother.. the only albums i even liked by Megadeth were/are Peace Sells and Rust in Peace... i still have both on tape though i want them on CD... i'll probably buy the original CD's on ebay if i can find them sometime..
You can have mine as soon as I have replaced them with the remasters, hehehe. :loco:

sixxswine said:
You might want to look over the reviews by people on www.amazon.com/
it appears that they are almost entirely different discs...
Look up Megadeth & click on any of the remasters & then scroll down to the reviews...:err:
Whew, didn't know they also remixed the albums. Just knew about the remastering. Well, in that case I'll keep my old ones. Still I'd like to get the new versions. Just ran over some of the comments on the Peace albums but theyseem to smoke. Anyway, thanks for telling me!

sixxswine said:
Even on The System Has Failed?
Just wondering...:tickled:
Touche my dear Sixx ;) Well since TSHF is not a remaster I still can got it and kept my (lousy) reputation intact :lol:

P.S. That in case the MP3 pre-hearing is good enough, because it failed miserably with TWNAH (except for 3 songs, from which 'Promises' is to me one of the best songs ever by Megadeth, and is a fucking ballad!)

DrillSergeant said:
I received the new mailorder catalog yesterday and they have all the re-releases listed. €7.99 each. So I don't see the problem. Seems like a fair price to me.
I have seen them from $13.99-$17.00
If I can't get them for $13.99 or used I can wait.
I did manage to pick up Countdown & RIP other other night.
They aren't bad, if you can wait do, if you'd want to avoid, go ahead.

I rarely buy or have interest in remastered stuff. I prefer the originals, even if the sound is not as "good" as the remastered stuff. When it comes to the extra tracks, there´s always somebody out there I know who can hook me up with a CDR of all the bonus stuff.

AngelWitch73 said:
I rarely buy or have interest in remastered stuff. I prefer the originals, even if the sound is not as "good" as the remastered stuff. When it comes to the extra tracks, there´s always somebody out there I know who can hook me up with a CDR of all the bonus stuff.
Just curious but don't these people start complaining after a while? I mean, they pay for the re-release and you get all the goodies for free!

Megadeth is one of those bands that I LOVED years ago, but dont think their music is really "timeless". I haven't listened to them in years, actually.

However, I've always did love "Peace Sells", above all others. That one record really DOES stand the test of time.

Anyway, when I heard that the albums were being reMIXED, and not just remastered, I checked out a few samples. They sounded nice, but samples on
Amazon never do a track justice, so I ventured out & purchased the remixed "Peace Sells".

And, I must say, it's an entirely different album. This is not just a simple case of
remastering existing tapes. The albums are completelly REMIXED. The new mix is unbelievable. The bass lines during the intro to "My Last Words" were NON-existant in the original, are now front and center on the remix.

I was so blown away, that I then picked up both "SO Far" and "Rust in Peace". Again, the sound was shocking.....So Far has benefitted mightily from the remix! It's now, what I would call, a CLASSIC ALBUM. Just check out the extended, acoustic intro to the classic "In My Darkest Hour".

I have some of the remasters from Queensrcyhe, Sabbath, Priest, Purple, Maiden, etc., but NONE of these compare to the REMIXES of Megadeth.
I shall soon pick up "Countdown", as well!!

I advise all Megadeth fans to, at least, get ONE of these awesome remixes!!!

Now, I can say, that Megadeth is BACK as being one of my fav bands...