Recabinet 4 (Thermionik) vs TSE X50 V2.3

[Prime];10929282 said:
I have noticed irregularities when the incoming voltage varies....

voltage_zpsdce9347b.png

My amp does not sound the same when using Zimbabwe voltage as compared to the United States.

Just my observation.

It's simple - You hear the 60hz hum in the US and 50hz hum in Zimbabwe. :loco:

Haha, this thread has been derailed a bit hasn't it?

I don't mind though. Keep going.

Actually quite interesting. I'm more of a plug and play guy and don't really take any notice of all of this usually. If it takes minimal effort to get great tones, then that's a great amp sim in my opinion weather it is accurate to the real thing or not.

Like [Prime] has said, it's quite mind blowing how much detail goes into developing these amp sims as there are so many variables that come into play.

Thankfully we have the likes of Kazrog, Onqel and Ignite Amps pushing this software technology so we don't have to rely on the likes of Line 6, Guitar Rig and Bias that are far behind these days in my opinion.

Line 6 actually emulates it and offers switchable (British vs. US) hum cycles or whatever in the POD HD. It's kind of neat but I leave it off most of the time because, like everything L6 does, it punches you in the face and isn't subtle at all. You won't really hear it at high gain levels anyway haha.

x50 seems a bit muffled here, listening right after the Psycho-B. But I believe it is the matter of pre-EQ.
A bit less gain would be great for this case, for my taste.

Thanks for the shot anyway! :kickass:

x50 seems a bit muffled here, listening right after the Psycho-B. But I believe it is the matter of pre-EQ.
A bit less gain would be great for this case, for my taste.

Thanks for the shot anyway! :kickass:

Thanks man, it mainly comes down to preference really. I will say that clarity of tone does come a little easier with Recab though.

My test with "Eli Rises" stems, i actually like what i´m hearing! Zero post processing... (updated mix) Preset in soundcloud description

Sounds good man! Where did you get the stems? I wouldn't mind giving that a go myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm... X50 has been my go-to sim for quite a while and I was hesitant to upgrade to Recabinet 4, because I rarely use 3... but after hearing this comparison, I think it might just be worth the $30, considering I haven't bought X50 V2 yet.