Recc me some bands?

I liked them until I saw them live between Scar Symmetry and Dark Tranquillity. IE was like... well I'd rather they just put the background tape on and move drums around.

I've heard they're great live, might have been an off night or something.

Well, I'll find out, they're opening for Iced Earth in Oct. and I'm going to that.

you know, i've seen Into Eternity, and they were pretty cool except for the lead singer...he's got a great voice and sounds fantastic on TSOA, but at the show he insisted on doing high screams all the time instead of singing the melodies as written...it got kinda exhausting after a while.

For Genesis, I find Invisible Touch and We Can't Dance more interesting than their 70's hey-day. With Rush, it's not so much disinterest in early albums. Like with Marillion, I enjoy all of their catalog. But the favorites lean heavily to the right: Vapor Trails, Roll The Bones, Grace Under Pressure, Presto, Counterparts, and the obvious Moving Pictures. While Hemispheres and 2112 are not "bad" I again just have less interest in the meandering prog era they went through. Fly By Night is excellent too.

I enjoy the entire Genesis catalog. Peter was/is great and much of that is my favorite Genesis material but they just accomplished so much after him. Banks, Collins and Rutherford didn't need him anyway, nor did he need them.
I also love Phil Collins solo efforts, sometimes more than Genesis.

Rush lost me with Vapor Trails but found me again with Snakes and Arrows. Power Windows is by far my favorite, followed by Grace Under Pressure.

Great band! Awesome song. Love 'em.

Very cool band of Canadians! I'm on the fence with them. Sometimes they floor me, and other songs, they give me the impression that something's missing in the song. I hung out with them after the show, and talked about hockey, and all the death metal bands they liked here in tampa. Cool guys!

Very cool band of Canadians! I'm on the fence with them. Sometimes they floor me, and other songs, they give me the impression that something's missing in the song. I hung out with them after the show, and talked about hockey, and all the death metal bands they liked here in tampa. Cool guys!

Yea they must be cool. Two years ago I interviewed Tim Roth and he was really cool. Two good friends of mine are good friends of the band. Nico and Marlies moved to Canada and now live not far from Tim.

They kept recommanding IE to them and I did not bite until I had to review 'The Scattering Of Ashes'. That album kicked my ass. believe me! :)

I hope they will do a Euro tour soon. I have not seen them live yet,

Yea they must be cool. Two years ago I interviewed Tim Roth and he was really cool. Two good friends of mine are good friends of the band. Nico and Marlies moved to Canada and now live not far from Tim.

They kept recommanding IE to them and I did not bite until I had to review 'The Scattering Of Ashes'. That album kicked my ass. believe me! :)

I hope they will do a Euro tour soon. I have not seen them live yet,

I feel Buried in Oblivion is far better release!

Wow. The solo was full of inaccurate wanking. Also the song altogether has no meaning. Sounds like random riffs from different genres one after the other. I could never get into this band.

Ditto - that was quite possibly some of the most unpleasant music I've heard in the last year.

Any fans of more extreme metal here? For anyone who likes shred guitar (i assume there's a few :), Epitaph by Necrophagist is a very cool album. It's definitely death metal in terms of vox, but the guitar playing and overall writing is impressive and extremely melodic. i am very picky about my death metal, but was flipping thoguh my iPod today and hadn't checked out the Necrophagist in a while.

Any fans of more extreme metal here? For anyone who likes shred guitar (i assume there's a few :), Epitaph by Necrophagist is a very cool album. It's definitely death metal in terms of vox, but the guitar playing and overall writing is impressive and extremely melodic. i am very picky about my death metal, but was flipping thoguh my iPod today and hadn't checked out the Necrophagist in a while.

Great choice. While you're at it, Scar Symmetry is pretty slick.

Yeah, I play Necrophagist here and there at band practice, when our totally delusional guitarist's head starts to expand again. When he can't figure out a riff from a certain guitarist, he all of a sudden shit talks about how "they're not that good", or "I can do that riff too, but that music sucks" He's such a genius, our guitarist.....he's got it all figured out!

Yea Necrophagist are great! I also like Arsis, Kataklysm, Krisiun and Novembers Doom.

That last band is not a Doom metal band. While their older releases do have doom elements their two latest releases are faster and more melodic.

Arsis are great, even though they seem to have some links with the deathcore genre due to their record labels chosen promotion tactics :erk:

writing-wise i think i would agree as well...BIO has overall better songs i think.

production on TSOA is better, and i prefer the new singer Stu's voice over the last guy (Stu has killer screams and high-pitched harsh vox).

The Incurable Tragedy sounds excellent from what I've heard. Only a couple more weeks...