Recc me some bands?

Extreme metal? Don't be scared of Black metal. Some of the most awesome bands are in that genre; Dark Funeral, Emperor and Enslaved and of course earlier bands like Venom and Bathory. Especially post-black metal band like later Arcturus, Enslaved, Green Carnation etc should appeal to most people here. They're basically "prog metal" nowadays.

I'm a bigger fan of Death metal though.

Well that's what a lot of people call it. I guess you could call Arcturus Avantgarde, Enslaved for whatever you call Opeth, Green Carnation doom/progressive metal. Cuz they're definitely not Black metal anymore.

November's Doom is pretty awesome, although I don't completely discount any doom metal elements, they're still there, especially in the clean vocals, which are sung pretty low and melancholic.

There's a few post-black bands I like, namely Borknagar, Arcturus, and the little bit of Ulver I've heard.

As far as brutal death metal, can't go wrong with Deicide, Gorefest, and Nile. Newer Behemoth is the shit too (after they stopped being blackmetal).

You should check Kingston Wall, a finnish psychedelic rock band. If you're gonna check 'em, check their second album Kingston Wall II.

Circus maximus
Andromida
Vanden Plas
Dream theater
Firewind
Seventh wonder
Darkwater
ARK
Threshold
Adagio

Tried Adagio, I really like them. Kinda sounds like old dream theater. Love there cover of Fame. Thanks

light up the sky like a flame FAME!!!

hey don't diss it. in a way I can respect the original song but I can't stand the adagio version but then again what songs of adagio are really listenable to be honest. piece of shit band if you ask me. bu then again I'm shitfaced at the moment and I haven't been able to sleep so whatever I think Ill slam my head against the wall until i fall asleep good night