Reccomend me some good industrial/space metal.

Terminus Est

Dec 8, 2002
Visit site
I've been in a mood for industrial/electronic/space metal lately and I'd like to check out more groups like the following which I'm currently into:

Red Harvest
The Kovenant (S.E.T.I. album)
Void (British Electronic/Industrial Black Metal)
Voivod (Phobos album)
Scarve (cool French group, not sure if you can call them industrial though)
No Return (on their Machinery album, not sure if you can consider them industrial also)
Samael (their 1999 release Eternal)

So what else can you reccomend to me?

Edit: I forgot to mention Samael's 1999 Eternal album.

30 Seconds From Mars are pretty spacey, as is the Make Yourself album by Incubus.

Fear Factory and ...And Oceans also come to mind.

Terminus Est said:
I've been in a mood for industrial/electronic/space metal lately and I'd like to check out more groups like the following which I'm currently into:

Red Harvest
The Kovenant (S.E.T.I. album)
Void (British Electronic/Industrial Black Metal)
Voivod (Phobos album)
Scarve (cool French group, not sure if you can call them industrial though)
No Return (on their Machinery album, not sure if you can consider them industrial also)
Samael (their 1999 release Eternal)

So what else can you reccomend to me?

Edit: I forgot to mention Samael's 1999 Eternal album.
hmmm lets see...
Aborym
Axis of Perdition
Dodheimsgard(later stuff)
Blut Aus Nord(later stuff)

Rain would definitely be the biggest recommendation right now I'd make, they mix Samael's Eternal style with Meshuggah's tech-metal.

Also, these bands:
Nagelfar (only the album Strontgorrth)
Bethlehem (only the album Schatten Aus Der Alexander Welt)
Manes
Thorns
Rorschach Test
November 17
Treponem Pal
Godflesh
Die Krupps
Ram-Zet

Arcturus- for space metal in a way.

I think i read some power metal musician has a space metal opera or something cheesy like that.

Everyone else mentioned every good band in this genre i know of.

What was that about? He named the two most mainstream bands to incorporate electronic sounds in their music in the past decade or so, bands that EVERYONE knows about. Why recommend bands everyone already knows? That's just fucking stupid. And you recommending Rammstein, give me a break. By recommending the most unoriginal, plagiaristic band in the scene you have shown that you have no fucking clue about this style, so why would you recommend anything?

To the starter of this thread, do NOT check out Rammstein in case you don't know them already. Check out the bands who created that sound, Laibach and Die Krupps. Laibach did the whole industrial metal with deep german vocals almost identical to Rammstein, but the music was just a bit different. Die Krupps had absolutely identical music to Rammstein, just a different style of vocals. Laibach are from Western Europe and Die Krupps are from Germany. Of course, Rammstein have the most pathetic lyrics imaginable, their music is dumbed down to the point of being braindead and their keyboards and samples seem to be lifted straight from Die Krupps albums. I had a roommate who listened to Rammstein and after he heard Laibach and the Die Krupps album Rings of Steel he started to hate Rammstein, like I and almost every industrial metal fan do.

I heard Die Krupps (Rings of Steel, of course) way before I heard Rammstein and liked them a lot. The only thing I have heard from Laibach was the Morbid Angel remixes. Anyway, I like Rammstein too. Kind of my guilty pleasure. KMFDM is cool too.

Ram-Zet - Escape is just as good as Animatronic, but far more bizarre. Get that one if you like The Kovenant at all.

Also, Lux Occulta are an awesome post black metal band that mixes trip hop and jazz with black metal, so they have a sort of futuristic or modern feel to their music.

Just checked out Atrophia Red Sun's newest album. Pretty damn good.

I'll see if I can get to know the other stuff you guys mentioned.

So does anyone know any bands similar to the French band Scarve?

As for Rammstein, well I've heard of them and downloaded their "Mutter" album a while ago. Listened to parts of it and I found it sorta likeable. But since I don't understand German, I have absolutely no idea of telling if they are as pathetic as you say they are LuminousAether.