Received Copy Thread

Should have my shirt+cd combo by the end of this week. Got the 'Wacken Carnage' T-shirt today and it is fucking awesome. Little busy right now and gotta head out so I'll get pictures of it later tonight.
:kickass:

They wanted:

Miserable dying humans (dressed in rags etc.) in a dry desert-like location. Faces should be twisted expressing extreme despair and fear. It was also important to have a strong biblical vibe and they had some reference they sent me of the style they were looking for. The shadow was also part of the concept and was intentional. That was what I had to work with....and went from there.

Stuff that I elaborated on was to make them starving to add to their agonized states. I thought of how disturbing it is to look at holocaust victims and the like and I wanted to recreate that discomfort of looking at those types of atrocities. I also added the bloody eyes just because I thought it looked brutal, haha. ;)

-D

They wanted:

Miserable dying humans (dressed in rags etc.) in a dry desert-like location. Faces should be twisted expressing extreme despair and fear. It was also important to have a strong biblical vibe and they had some reference they sent me of the style they were looking for. The shadow was also part of the concept and was intentional. That was what I had to work with....and went from there.

Stuff that I elaborated on was to make them starving to add to their agonized states. I thought of how disturbing it is to look at holocaust victims and the like and I wanted to recreate that discomfort of looking at those types of atrocities. I also added the bloody eyes just because I thought it looked brutal, haha. ;)

-D
Haha, funny how gruesome stuff like this actually makes me smile :D

Anyway, excellent job Dusty! The close-ups in the booklet indeed look great! As I posted elsewhere, I like the guy on the left the most, he looks the most agonized i.m.o., his face is awesome.

PS, actually that guy (on the left) reminds me a bit of the Live After Death cover, coincidence? Is Derek Riggs an influence?

B0000251WC.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

PS, actually that guy (on the left) reminds me a bit of the Live After Death cover, coincidence? Is Derek Riggs an influence?

Not intentionally with this piece, but he's always been an influence of mine. In fact there was a point when I was doing this cover that I had a version that was a lot more colorful like the cover you linked or Death's "Scream Bloody Gore", (I think it was a lot of vibrant green and red) but one of the directions was to be biblical in style, so I kept with that instead of the old school death metal look.

-D