Recent CD Acquisitions

Originally posted by NvmbrsDoom5
I know what you're saying about it lacking heavy guitars, but I really like alot of pop as well, so it doesn't bother me so much. The songs are catchy, its still got a good vibe to it. So far I am liking this one better than their last cd "Blessed Be".
I listen to death, black, power, prog, doom(basically any of the many sub-genres of metal) as well as pop, classical, jazz, southern rock, classic rock, and so on......so any suggestions you guys have for good cds, even if its non metal, is much appreciated!

currently listening to-David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust

I would recommend Porcupine Tree's Signify

NvmbrsDoom5: Well if you're that open-minded you should check out some Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds stuff, if you don't have yet!
...and probably this one:
Charon - downhearted ( This ones great!!! - (Gothic-) ROCK from Finland. )

Well, I'm sure you have these guys, but they are still worth mentioning- In the Woods. Get everything by them. Amazing.

Arcane Sun's s/t debut is excellent as well. Any doom fan needs to hunt this one down.

Let's see...at metalfest I picked up the new ND AND some older ND;) Also got the newest Susperia. Picked up a band called Amber Asylum. These guys, or I should say girls, really caught my attention at the fest. I would say they are a mixture of My Dying Bride and Nightwish. I was a little disappointed with the CD, VERY slow and somber, but a great one to put on if you are trying to sleep:D Their live show though was amazing.

I obtained a few freebies...haven't gotten around to playing them yet..couldn't even tell ya what bands they were, haha!

Got some much needed Opeth and I believe a live My Dying Bride. I think I have enough to keep me busy for a while!

LOL! Markgugs, yes I'm in the band, this is Larry the guitarist. And feel free to say anything you want, its totally cool. I wasnt getting defensive about my tastes, I was just clarifying to everyone that I was interested in stuff other than metal as well as all things metal, hehe. And I have heard of the Vintersorg side projects but not heard them personally, so I will make note of that, thank you.
And Iceheart- I love Nick Cave. Wonderful stuff there. I had planned on going to see him at the Chicago Theater back in April, but we had a gig that night with Spirit Caravan and Place of Skulls. Lotta legends in town that night! And if Charon is Finnish goth-rock, then I most certainly will check that out. Thanks again.

Yeah, markgugs says stupid thing a lot. But me and markgugs have similar taste in music, so I'm trying to get him into Novembers Doom. I'm sure he'll buy all Novembers Doom albums, seeing how he buys CD's like a wino buys liquor.

All of this is on order from various mailorders:

WAR Dance Compilation
Armageddon- Crossing the Rubicon
Marillion- Script for a Jesters Tear
Agalloch- The Mantle
Primordial- The Burning Season
Novembers Doom- For Every Leaf that Falls
The Gathering- Mandylion
Clutch- Jam Room

And you know this, beeyatch!