Recent CD buys

51OwuQ79ZjL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Let me know about the mastering!!!!!!

Christmas loot from the wife:

April Wine: The Nature of the Beast/Power Play (reissue)
Enslaved: Riitiir
Fates Warning: Inside Out (3-disc reissue in completely cheap and crappy packaging)
Powerwolf: Lupus Dei
Threshold: March of Progress

Agreed that FW digi is terrible. Mine got smushed in shipping. :(

Same crappy cardboard sleeve as the last one. If they had to go the digi route, they should have all been like Perfect Symmetry. They got that one right at least.

And that's the other gripe. Night on Brocken and The Spectre Within are in plain jewel cases, Awaken the Guardian is in two jewels inside a slipcase, No Exit is a single jewel in a slipcase, Perfect Symmetry is in a thick foldout digipack, and now Parallels and Inside Out are in the thin sleeves. What are they going to do with APSOG to make the series even more awkward?

I am curious to know if the albums they hadn't reissued yet were remastered. MIRRORS and IMAGINOS for example.

These are the 2012 remastered albums in the set:

On Your Feet or on Your Knees (1975 - live) - 2012 Remaster
Mirrors (1979 - studio) - 2012 Remaster
Cultosaurus Erectus (1980 - studio) - 2012 Remaster
Fire of Unknown Origin (1981 - studio) - 2012 Remaster
Extraterrestrial Live (1982 - live) - 2012 Remaster
The Revolution By Night (1983 - studio) - 2012 Remaster
Club Ninja (1985 - studio) - 2012 Remaster
Imaginos (1988 - studio) - 2012 Remaster

the other albums are the 2001 remasters with bonus material. I am really pleased with it, even though the cds are in sleeves. I got it for $69 so it was a pretty good deal.

These are the 2012 remastered albums in the set:

On Your Feet or on Your Knees (1975 - live) - 2012 Remaster
Mirrors (1979 - studio) - 2012 Remaster
Cultosaurus Erectus (1980 - studio) - 2012 Remaster
Fire of Unknown Origin (1981 - studio) - 2012 Remaster
Extraterrestrial Live (1982 - live) - 2012 Remaster
The Revolution By Night (1983 - studio) - 2012 Remaster
Club Ninja (1985 - studio) - 2012 Remaster
Imaginos (1988 - studio) - 2012 Remaster

the other albums are the 2001 remasters with bonus material. I am really pleased with it, even though the cds are in sleeves. I got it for $69 so it was a pretty good deal.

awesome! thanks for the info, much appreciated. where did you land it for $69?

Anhedonist - Netherwards (LP)
Mithras - Worlds Beyond the Veil
Gore Infamous - Cadaver in Methodical Overture
Medecophobic - Pandemic of Existence
Envenomation - Pyogenic Harvest
Abhorration - Infatuation With the Accursed Enmity

Local shop Boxing Day sale. All said and done after taxes $62 Can.

Times of Grace-Hymns of a Broken Man
Indestroy-S/T
Sleep-Jerusalem (rare indie press with Erik Roper artwork)
Shadows Fall-Retribution
Faith No More-The Real Thing
Helmet-Strap it On
Royal Thunder-CVI
Public Enemy-Fear of a Black Planet
Evocation-Dead Calm Chaos
Evocation-Apocalyptic
SNFU-Better Than a Stick in the Eye

awesome! thanks for the info, much appreciated. where did you land it for $69?

I pre-ordered from importcds.com It took awhile for them to get it but it was worth the wait. I think they have it for $84 now.

cds today from the local pawn shop:

Heathen - Victims of Deception (Roadracer)
Rolling Stones - Jump Back

both for a total of $3

I pre-ordered from importcds.com It took awhile for them to get it but it was worth the wait. I think they have it for $84 now.

cds today from the local pawn shop:

Heathen - Victims of Deception (Roadracer)
Rolling Stones - Jump Back

both for a total of $3

Damn, I miss the days of pawn shopping for CDs. None of the ones near me even bother with them anymore.

I actually make monthly visits at our local Pentecostal-run second hand store to look for cool music haha :lol: There is no extreme music there, they probably wouldn't sell stuff like that - crazy christians they are. I have however bought tons of stuff there like Kerry Livgren, Steve Lukather, FM etc etc. For $1 a piece! It's the best and only "record store" within 1000 km's from here :saint:

Same crappy cardboard sleeve as the last one. If they had to go the digi route, they should have all been like Perfect Symmetry. They got that one right at least.

And that's the other gripe. Night on Brocken and The Spectre Within are in plain jewel cases, Awaken the Guardian is in two jewels inside a slipcase, No Exit is a single jewel in a slipcase, Perfect Symmetry is in a thick foldout digipack, and now Parallels and Inside Out are in the thin sleeves. What are they going to do with APSOG to make the series even more awkward?

Well some of us still have the first pressing too, so at least one set is uniform.:lol: