Recent CD buys

Digis are terrible, no label should do them and if they considered the uyers then they would not make use them.
On the other hand it is cheaper so I hear though I have never found it to be and a lot of the factory that made jewelcases have went out of business so...
I once had a thing for digi because that usually was the way the imports, special editions and singles (stuff with bonus material) would come packaged. Well over the years my C.O.C 'Vote with A Bullet' single became beat all to hell, replaced it with a slightly better looking one but have not been able to upgrade much in all these years.
On a retail side; order digipacks they come in with broken trays and the distributors never want to replace or refund. It seems most labels, distributors, retailers, and all those asshole employees at used CD store (Ed Mckays especially) don't understand the "CD collector" and exspect that like the majority of folks who actually do still buy a CD now and then from Wal-Mart we will just toss it around too.
CD collectors will never die old but all the things around us will make it more and more difficult as time goes on.

Digis are terrible, no label should do them and if they considered the uyers then they would not make use them.
On the other hand it is cheaper so I hear though I have never found it to be and a lot of the factory that made jewelcases have went out of business so...
I once had a thing for digi because that usually was the way the imports, special editions and singles (stuff with bonus material) would come packaged. Well over the years my C.O.C 'Vote with A Bullet' single became beat all to hell, replaced it with a slightly better looking one but have not been able to upgrade much in all these years.
On a retail side; order digipacks they come in with broken trays and the distributors never want to replace or refund. It seems most labels, distributors, retailers, and all those asshole employees at used CD store (Ed Mckays especially) don't understand the "CD collector" and exspect that like the majority of folks who actually do still buy a CD now and then from Wal-Mart we will just toss it around too.
CD collectors will never die old but all the things around us will make it more and more difficult as time goes on.

Sad but true.

Yeah, digis are not preferable, but it did not prevent me from buying these just now:

51uL4atQ21L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

518CkBO4NhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Haha, we've been over this before but yes, digipaks are a terrible terrible thing :p Only exception, for me, is the Japan mini-lps. Those are generally of good quality thick cardboard/paper and overall a nice presentation when done right. Everything else can burn :p

I like digi's better than jewel cases for appearance alone. I always store my digi's in plastic sleeves for protection. When i first get a cd that's in a digi, I put the packaging away and keep the cd out in a blank jewel case because I know i'll be pulling it out alot for a while.
I'm really loving the thick digi/media book packaging alot of labels are doing now.

I like digi's better than jewel cases for appearance alone. I always store my digi's in plastic sleeves for protection. When i first get a cd that's in a digi, I put the packaging away and keep the cd out in a blank jewel case because I know i'll be pulling it out alot for a while.
I'm really loving the thick digi/media book packaging alot of labels are doing now.

Those aren't bad, except when the disc is in some envelope-like sleeve that makes it hard to access without scratching it.

Haha, we've been over this before but yes, digipaks are a terrible terrible thing :p Only exception, for me, is the Japan mini-lps. Those are generally of good quality thick cardboard/paper and overall a nice presentation when done right. Everything else can burn :p

the Japanese mini LPs are a thing of beauty. nothing like them.

Anything held together with glued parts will fall to pieces eventually. I am just saying. ;) I have digipacks that the trays have fallen out, etc.

WEAKSAUCE!

the Japanese mini LPs are a thing of beauty. nothing like them.

I was going to look up pricing on that type of packaging for my friends band for a limited/numbered run of CDs. Got to the site and chickened out when you have to e-mail them for a quote :p I figure if that's the case, the expense would be more than it's worth to have them produced >_>

Should have done it anyway, just price the LP sleeve, an Obi strip, and an insert sleeve. The poly CD and jacket sleeves could have been gotten elsewhere.

Bought about 2 weeks ago but just came in today:
Chara - Cocoon

I was going to look up pricing on that type of packaging for my friends band for a limited/numbered run of CDs. Got to the site and chickened out when you have to e-mail them for a quote :p I figure if that's the case, the expense would be more than it's worth to have them produced >_>

Should have done it anyway, just price the LP sleeve, an Obi strip, and an insert sleeve. The poly CD and jacket sleeves could have been gotten elsewhere.

Bought about 2 weeks ago but just came in today:
Chara - Cocoon

the jap sleeves, if manufactured in japan, would be outrageously priced. the US dollar is being crushed by the Yen. i haven't seen a product released in the US that matches it still. which is sad. i just got the Kansas Monolith reissue and it's stellar sounding and looking.

the jap sleeves, if manufactured in japan, would be outrageously priced. the US dollar is being crushed by the Yen. i haven't seen a product released in the US that matches it still. which is sad. i just got the Kansas Monolith reissue and it's stellar sounding and looking.

Yeah, tell me about it. It's been getting a little better over the past month, but the ¥ -> $ ratio is still awful. It's not so bad on a CD here and there, it's probably crippling on more expensive things I'm sure.

The site I was looking at for the LP manufacture/replication was megalodon.com. Seems to be down right now but, they have quite a few options and packaging types for the mini-LP style. I think my fave mini-LP I have currently is the Ozzy - Speak of the Devil one. I don't have a whole lot of them though.

Avantasia: The Metal Opera Pt. II
Paul Dean: Hard Core
Destinity: XI Reasons To See
Firewolfe: self-titled
The Last Vegas: Bad Decisions
Metal Church: Hanging in the Balance
Orodruin: Claw Tower...and Other Tales of Terror
Raven: Rock Until You Drop (Roadrunner)
Raven: Wiped Out (Roadrunner)
Sonata Arctica: Takatalvi (reissue)
W.E.T: self-titled
Witchcraft: self-titled
Witchcraft: The Alchemist

Yesterday...

Mind-Ashes - The Views Obscured (German Techno-Thrash!)
Demonic Resurrection - The Return To Darkness (Techno-Death... from India! :D Worth to be listened)