Recent Purchases

Picture21.jpg

fuck me this webcam sucks dick

Goatseborgs rape. :lol::lol::lol:.

Fuck you got the whole pack! Where did you get Ovi's stick? And is it pro stock with his blade exactly or the normal one sold to the public? I have been told they're not the same, the normal one isn't as weird and curved as Ovi's, and I wanna try his, but his sticks are hard to pick and go for expensive :erk: Do pucks go really that higher in a shorter space than with other blades? Because not sure if that'd work for me as a defence. Currently I use Lidstrom.

Yeah, it was a good deal, I think. As long as the computer doesn't randomly blow up after a month, anyway.

I just got the stick at some hockey and bicycle shop in Minnesota. I didn't know that the stick they sell to the public is different than his actual stick. I assume mine is just the regular one they sell to the public.

http://www.hockeygiant.com/ccm09og50stksr.html <-- My stick. Cool, high tech video on the page, too, haha. Actually I probably should have bought the stick from this site as it's a little less than what I paid. I actually bought an older model on clearance, broke it the second time I used it and they sent me this as a replacement.

For me, I think it definitely makes my shot harder, and it definitely makes the puck go higher in both short and long distances. In my opinion, it's still great for defense, which is my preferred position also, because it also seems to make your slapshot harder and just makes it easier to dump it in. You can still achieve low level flutter passes and stuff, you just need to control the stick more. Let the puck go and snap your wrist before you pull the stick much further past your feet. Plus, I'm a roller hockey player, and we use lighter pucks than on ice. So when I play ice it makes a huge difference for me when trying to move that heavy ass puck. But I've used it for roller, too, and it is fine- again, I just have to control it more. I've never used Lidstrom's curve, so I can't comment on that one. I have a thornton curve on my two piece, but I like the ovi better.

Yeah, it was a good deal, I think. As long as the computer doesn't randomly blow up after a month, anyway.

I just got the stick at some hockey and bicycle shop in Minnesota. I didn't know that the stick they sell to the public is different than his actual stick. I assume mine is just the regular one they sell to the public.

http://www.hockeygiant.com/ccm09og50stksr.html <-- My stick. Cool, high tech video on the page, too, haha. Actually I probably should have bought the stick from this site as it's a little less than what I paid. I actually bought an older model on clearance, broke it the second time I used it and they sent me this as a replacement.

For me, I think it definitely makes my shot harder, and it definitely makes the puck go higher in both short and long distances. In my opinion, it's still great for defense, which is my preferred position also, because it also seems to make your slapshot harder and just makes it easier to dump it in. You can still achieve low level flutter passes and stuff, you just need to control the stick more. Let the puck go and snap your wrist before you pull the stick much further past your feet. Plus, I'm a roller hockey player, and we use lighter pucks than on ice. So when I play ice it makes a huge difference for me when trying to move that heavy ass puck. But I've used it for roller, too, and it is fine- again, I just have to control it more. I've never used Lidstrom's curve, so I can't comment on that one. I have a thornton curve on my two piece, but I like the ovi better.

Hm yeah, yours is definitely the standard version. Ovi's tip is even more curved on the bottom (or more open on the top, I can't really say from the super-weid CCM blade chart). So it definitely gets shots higher, right? Dunno, I'm using a Nash one right now (broke my last stick and had to get a cheap replacement blade while my new Warrior came in) and it already feels it goes too high too soon, so dunno how I'll feel about the Ovi one. I play roller too, but contrary to you I hate the roller hockey puck :lol: You have close to 0 feel on the blade with it, and it bounces off so fast. Ice one is heavy, but you feel it and that helps a lot for handling and playing with your head up. And for crashing the net with slapshots and not allowing the goalie to freeze it but force him to give rebounds :heh: About the Lidstrom, I'd say try it if you can. Get a Lidstrom (also named Jovanovski or 51 in some brands) blade for your two piece when you can and try it, it's pretty sound for defence imho.

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try whenever possible. I dunno how soon that'll be, though. I learned on roller, so for me, handling an ice puck is more difficult because if you miss handle it at all, it's going to get away from you. It just keeps on sliding, where as roller, you can pretty much just take a half of a step and pick it up again. Also, whenever I'm dribbling the puck in front of me, on ice, it always wants to keep going further and further out in front of me, so I do have to watch the puck the whole time when I'm playing ice, pretty much. And as far as catching the puck, or deflecting it for that matter, is easy on roller 'cause as I said before, if it bounces off, it doesn't go very far. Where as if you don't catch an ice puck just right, it goes god only knows where, haha. The whole five guys instead of four on the ice thing really throws me off, too, haha.

So you just play recreational or are you on a team?

lol well, its kind of a funny story. My dad has owned a pretty successful hockey equipment store for like 40 years, and when I used to play hockey all my friends would be like "oh man dude, your dad must HOOK YOU UP with gear right!?" when in reality my dad would only buy me like very subpar equipment to use lol ex) $30 woodstick when the rest of my team had $150+ composites (this was when they had just come out with the synergy and they were sooo expensive!)

Oh well, I still work there when I'm not at school sharpening ice skates and being brutal but even now im still using the 530 when i go to S&S.

I'm thinking about playing mens league this summer... I haven't played on a team in like 4 years :(

^Do it then! About Sinergys, they're fucking expensive, but they're well worth the hype imo. Nothing has ever come close to my broken ST, but now they're crazy expensive (some 200 euros here in Spain) so there's no way I'm getting one. For how much do they run at your dad's shop?

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try whenever possible. I dunno how soon that'll be, though. I learned on roller, so for me, handling an ice puck is more difficult because if you miss handle it at all, it's going to get away from you. It just keeps on sliding, where as roller, you can pretty much just take a half of a step and pick it up again. Also, whenever I'm dribbling the puck in front of me, on ice, it always wants to keep going further and further out in front of me, so I do have to watch the puck the whole time when I'm playing ice, pretty much. And as far as catching the puck, or deflecting it for that matter, is easy on roller 'cause as I said before, if it bounces off, it doesn't go very far. Where as if you don't catch an ice puck just right, it goes god only knows where, haha. The whole five guys instead of four on the ice thing really throws me off, too, haha.

So you just play recreational or are you on a team?

:lol: yeah on ice the puck has some extra speed, but I love that compared to roller. Maybe it's because our rink is pure shit and once we have our new sport court one I'll change my opinion, but so far I love the feel on the ice because you don't have to drag the puck along with you, but control it so it doesn't bounce off too quick, and that helps a lot when trying dekes an going backhand/forehand quickly. Also slapshot on ice is much more fun as it's a lot heavier :lol: The five guys thingie actually has me hooked and can't wait to join an ice team next year when I'm in Austria on an Erasmus scholarship. As a defence, I don't like the fact that in roller, at least here, we swap positions and cycle a lot, I prefer to remain in my position because there's where I'm comfortable with my game. On ice, with three forwards running around the net, you can stay on the blue line and deliver shots for some rebounds or a lucky goal if there's traffic in front of the net.

I play in a team. I actually have a game away tomorrow at 12 and it's a 3h drive, fuck them for making me wake up at 7, we're gonna crush them :lol:).

Fuck that composite stick bullshit, Sherwood 530 is where its at :lol:

Ghey. Go fap about them with Crosby :lol: Nah but seriously, wooden sticks are such a drag, they are heavier and flex is different and they are too boringly similar. Yes, you can play with one, but dunno, they feel weird to me. If you want a tough stick you can aswell get a 110 Sinergy ST. I can assure you that you won't break that in your whole life, and it's still pretty light and great to handle.

I went to the store to buy a new cartridge for my printer.. But I came back with a new printer instead... The MediaMarkt in NL had an action where they pay the 19% VAT (taxes).. So it was crazy there.. ppl had to wait to get inside.. and everyone buying laptops, huge flatscreen tv's, computers and stuff...

I would have paid €40 for a dubblepack cartridge.. now I've paid €45 for my new all in one printer..