recommend me 8 channel micpres

The API costs more than 1.500 €, doesn't it?

More like 2.500 €... new at least.

Audient for sure.

Man... I can't sleep the last three nights because my head wont let me. I'm allready building my studio in my head and buying all the gear. There is just a gap in my dream. There is a huge rack filled with the most expensive gear. There is just no preamp. At all.

well...
Crae Song Spider and the API's will be on top of the list. then followed by the Truth Systems Precision 8, then the Audient one, and the mackie too. and the more affordable ones which are, the presonus ones, the focusrite, and behringer and m-audio...etc, etc.

well...
Crae Song Spider and the API's will be on top of the list. then followed by the Truth Systems Precision 8, then the Audient one. and the more affordable ones which are, the presonus ones, the focusrite, and behringer and m-audio...etc, etc.

isn't it a shame to mention behringer before you mentioned m-audio ;)?

What makes the ISA 828 so interesting is the feature to set the impedance. I haven't seen to many preamps with that feature. At least not 8-channel.

Edit: no... I'm wrong. The Audient Asp 008 ADAT has this feature. Looks good.

I'm not sure if it's smart to get 2x 8 channel micpres. Instead I could go for a good ad/da converter and save money for an API.

Call me Hitler... but I will never have a piece of gear that has the name Behringer written on it.

hitlerhatesbehringer.PNG

Ive been using a Presonus Digimax LT and have had good luck with it. Nothing fancy of course but clean and decent. Ive always been able to use every track without any trouble at all. Have used it on many sources too.

I would buy an fireface800 + audient. This is an AWSOME starting setup!!!
With time and money comming in, you can buy an api+tg2+neve/germanium to hook up with the analog inputs.
After that go for an 8channal AD like an apogee or an lynx and hook up other great preamps.

The cranesong is just too expencive for a start IMO. If I would make 50k a year with recordings it would be an option...
With the cranesong money you could get an 8channel lnyx AD+8xapi preamps!!!!!

The audient is imo one of the only payable high-class preamps!!!

I still would say that the Octopre Le would suit your purposes well. Preamps are a bit hyped on how much they effect the sound. Of course there is a difference but not a big one comparing the Audient vs Octopre, hard to justifie the price difference if you dont jump on the high end train... Just my 0.02

Good luck

I would buy an fireface800 + audient. This is an AWSOME starting setup!!!
With time and money comming in, you can buy an api+tg2+neve/germanium to hook up with the analog inputs.
After that go for an 8channal AD like an apogee or an lynx and hook up other great preamps.
The audient is imo one of the only payable high-class preamps!!!

I think I will go for the Audient ASP008. Looks really cool!
Not interested in the FF800 anymore. Will get a Digiface so I have much more options for the future :)

I still would say that the Octopre Le would suit your purposes well. Preamps are a bit hyped on how much they effect the sound. Of course there is a difference but not a big one comparing the Audient vs Octopre, hard to justifie the price difference if you dont jump on the high end train... Just my 0.02

Good luck

Maybe it's true that preamps got hyped. You compared the price of the Audient/Octopre LE... switchable impedance, on board ADAT. That's allready worth it.

Good luck

Same advice for me