Recommend me a loadbox please.

That's pretty much what I wanna do and that's pretty much what the Tonehound is designed for. So a Palmer PAN 01 can perfectly do the job or I am really missing something??? But I'm just like you, I don't want to risk anything with my gear and I want the shit works well so, for me, the Tonehound looks like a good tool to buy :)

in the matter of reliability i would trust a selfbuild line-out more than something from Behringer. espacially when you send a signal from a poweramp to it..

Yeah I am pretty set on the Tonehound, looks perfect tbh, and yeah I agree Red Phoenix I *hate* Behringer gear with a passion... but its the only thing I can find that actually states that it can handle speaker level signals without modifying the signal in some drastic fashion. Its got a speaker sim, but the idiots at Behringer managed to have the amazing insight to make it switchable. If theres a better model that will achieves the same thing... then I will buy that instead natch.

So a Palmer PAN 01 can perfectly do the job or I am really missing something???

I dunno... if it can do the job then I may just get that myself :) can it definitely handle speaker outputs?

I dunno... if it can do the job then I may just get that myself :) can it definitely handle speaker outputs?

I asked them directly if the Palmer PAN 01 could be a proper DI box for this use:
Amp > Palmer PAN 01 > Tone Hound
Palmer PAN 01 > Interface

Here is what they said:

Yes, that is possible. You must use the Tone-Hound just like a normal
speaker cab. So you should go from the DI to the interface. The Tonehound
is the final element in the chain.

All the DI boxes they recommend on their website have speaker sim. but if you use impulses in your DAW then you can use a simple DI box.

That doesn't really say much about the DI box lol. I will definitely investigate purchasing this + the tonehound today though.... either the PAN-01 (or possibly also the PDI-01 seems better quality?) look like what would be required. Palmer say that all their boxes are safe up to a 120w limit on their site so I assume they are all compatible with speaker level output... I have emailed palmer asking for clarification.

That doesn't really say much about the DI box

No not much :) but at least I know now a DI box w/ speaker sim is not required.
And about what you wanna know, I think it's ok with the PAN01 otherwise why it'd work with the PDI09? Same stuff with and without speaker sim.