Recommend Metal

Al Bundy said:
1 dimmu borgir isnt black metal in any sense of the word
2 mercyful fate from the mercyful fate ep-dont break the oath is black metal
3 i agree that machine head is terrible EXCEPT FOR BURN MY EYES, burn my eyes is the only good record they did
4 anyband metal band with a strong hardcore punk influence is metalcore not an emo influence like atreyu and trivum
5 anybody who uses that joke is an ass and a rascist
6 it may not kill but anybody who thinks they are better than another race is an asshole who should be killed

1. Dimmu Borgir were black metal on their first two albums. End of that.
2. Nope. Heavy metal.
3. No, they have nothing good.
4. No, thrash has heavy hardcore punk influences, idiot.
5. An ass, maybe? A racist, not for a fact.
6. Oh is that so? So I'm willing to bet you are one of the weak people who lets the blacks step all over your their's and their ancestor's culture and celebrate their weak excuse for one?

no because you're being a faggot that doesn't understand that genre definitions can & do change over time, and thusly, you are a retard idiot faggot and should die

i think i've proven my point beyond the shadow of a doubt

No, I understand genres can change, but a genre can NEVER be based off of lyrics, that is why most of the 1st was was not BM at all.

Musically, MF is heavy metal.

Hey look, its the pot calling the kettle black.

@ Erik, I am right. A genre is strictly musically based, it has nothing to do with the lyrics. I am right.

Yes, if you are so right why is King Diamond not considered BM? Eh? It is in a way a musical continuation of MF, so wouldn't that mean OMG KD = BM?

No, because MF is heavy metal, not black metal.

Man you guys get fussy.

Mercyful Fate is as "Black Metal" as The Electric Hellfire Club. And if genre definitions "can and do change over time" then you're kinda proving that just because MF was considered so back then, doesn't mean they are now. Kinda like the sun revolving around the earth...

Even then, it would have been calling MF black metal due to lyrics, and that is wrong, as genres are not determined by lyrics.

y'all have completely missed the point.

the point is...

living colour is more black metal than any of these bands. the darkest that darkthrone could ever be, they couldn't touch the gods of black metal...

LVING CULURS #1 BESTBLACKSMETHUL!!

ps:

i fucking hate all of you and king diamond fucking sucks.

:)

CovenLP_fr.jpg

Black Rock!@@!@!@
Also Deicide play black metal

Erik said:
no i'm saying there is a distinction to be made between first wave 80's black metal and 2nd wave black metal
Yes, I was not saying there wasn't a difference, but that 1st wave isn't really a "genre" it is more an "adjective" because MUSICALLY Mercyful Fate was heavy metal, musically Venom is thrash/speed, musically Celtic Frost were thrash.

Lyrically, sure they may be called "black metal" due to the Satanic lyrics, but to call them "black metal" as a genre, just doesn't work.

Ex-cally-boo said:
Bathory was yes, but most of the other first wave bands were not.

Yes they were. Do you know how many fucking Black Metal bands sound like Mercyful Fate, Venom, and Celtic Frost? The fucking difference is the vocals and production.