Recommend some Overkill

nafnikufesin

N.F.F.
Dec 6, 2001
In a Zone
amandababypics.tripod.com
I'd never really heard any Overkill until recently (don't you just love how much airplay metal gets from commercial radio? :puke: ), but I recently heard some tracks off their newest album and am interested to hear more.

What album should I start with?

What are some of their best tracks that you can recommend?

I had exactly the same problem a long while ago, wanting to know which overkill albums would be best to start out with...
Thing with them is that all of the albums are good and they're all thrash, but I think the general consensus is that you can't go wrong with:

horrorscope
years of decay
killbox 13
relixiv
from the underground and below
w.f.o.

the mistake I made is that I bought a 2 disc compilation CD, otherwise I'd have bought each of them individually. They have a lot of those, don't get them, compilations always lack that complete album vibe... whatever matter of taste i guess

fuck i was jus about to make another overkill topic sayin thanks to the guys who recommended horrorscope.i just got it today and it blew my head off!... anyone know if thet are they still good live? and will a young scotsman such as myself ever get to see them?

Elimination (off Years of Decay) HAS to be one of the greatest thrash songs of all time!

DiscipleOfThePit said:
First 3 albums and, maybe, the !!!Fuck You!!! EP. Horrorscope has its moments but it wasn't all that thrashy.
I dont know what horrorscope cd you listened to but the one i have is one of the best thrash/speed metal albums i have ever heard.:headbang:

jpike said:
I dont know what horrorscope cd you listened to but the one i have is one of the best thrash/speed metal albums i have ever heard.:headbang:

I don't have it on CD!

:cool:

But yeah, I listened to it this afternoon and it was a lot more thrashy than I remember it being. i wouldn't say it's anywhere near one of the best thrash releases I've heard though.

Thrash fiend said:
fuck i was jus about to make another overkill topic sayin thanks to the guys who recommended horrorscope.i just got it today and it blew my head off!... anyone know if thet are they still good live? and will a young scotsman such as myself ever get to see them?

Still good alive?? OMG!! They must be the best Thrash band alive. you just close your eyes and it`s like if you are listening to an album, or even better.
get your self "wrecking everything" DVD and you`ll see what I am talking about.
If you don`t get your ass outside Scotland you have almost no chance to see them (in fact there`s been a long tome they don`t play the UK). they usually tour Holland, Germany, Belgium, and so on, pretty often.
I`m a die hard Over Kill fan, but never seen them alive as they never toured Argentina. Suuxxxxxxxxxxxx

spitzs lazy eye said:
I recommend Years Of Deacay. Has anybody seen their latest dvd? What would you rate it out of 10?

Easy.... 10 out of 10!!! "2 and half hours of pure Thrash", great setlist, I mean GREAT!!! and an extra Dvd with documentary and old shows performances...what else can you ask for??
Until now, the best Thrash dvd released ( need to check out new Testament though)

Been awhile again. Life is busy.

First of all, you need to appreciate the older stuff, so you have to start with Feel the Fire and Taking Over and move from there. Every single CD has some great songs. Some CD's are better than others.

I could send you my personal Greatest Hits mix if you'd like a great mix of songs from every album.

They ROCk live. i saw them last year for probably the 12th time and will see them again in February.