Recommend some Overkill

GASOLINEDREAM said:
I could send you my personal Greatest Hits mix if you'd like a great mix of songs from every album.
Cool of you to offer, but I won't put you to that trouble. I'd be interested in hearing what tracks you have included on it though.

Thanks to everyone else for their input here as well. I can see I've got some listening to do :headbang:

nafnikufesin said:
Cool of you to offer, but I won't put you to that trouble. I'd be interested in hearing what tracks you have included on it though.

Thanks to everyone else for their input here as well. I can see I've got some listening to do :headbang:

I'll start you off with old stuff. The "disc" is actually 2 CD's.

Things you MUST hear: Hammerhead, Overkill, Fuck YOU, Rotten to the core, Powersurge, Wrecking Crew, Hello from the Gutter(the one Beavis and Butthead ragged on), Brainfade, ALL of YEARS OF DECAY And all of HORRORSCOPE, World of Hurt, I hear Black, Dreaming in Columbian,Spiritual Void, MOST of WFO--of course includfing GASOLINEDREAM, then you start getting into late 90's and early 2000's. You can see some changes, but mostly they stay the course.

As the biggest Overkill fanboy on this planet, let me say...

Under The Influence, Years Of Decay, Horrorscope, From The Underground And Below, Necroshine, Bloodletting. Just start with the first one and go from there.

nafnikufesin said:
I'd never really heard any Overkill until recently (don't you just love how much airplay metal gets from commercial radio? :puke: ), but I recently heard some tracks off their newest album and am interested to hear more.

What album should I start with?

What are some of their best tracks that you can recommend?

If you can get the live double CD WRECKING YOUR NECK, you can get a good range of songs from 1985 to 1994. Seven songs on it were on WFO, and I think they're better live. I think Gas was at the show.

Whats kind of strange is that I listen to my music in groups. Like when I'm in the mood for Testament, I listen to Testament and Anthrax. And when I'm in the mood for Overkill, I listen to Exodus and when I'm in the mood for Metallica I can listen to Megadeth or Metallica. So that's why my Ipod playlists consist of..

1st playlist is 80's Testament and 80's Anthrax
2nd one is 80's Metallica and all Megadeth
3rd is all Overkill and all Exodus

I once rad that Overkill made a deal with the devil and that every 3rd album will suck. I Hear Black was supposed to be that example, but I liked it. I also like Years Decay, Feel the Fire, and the ep Fuck You. Ah, nice song.....

I'm not a fan of Overkill myself (although I admit to not having heard more than one song (Hello from the Gutter, I think?)) but I do know that they are playing here in Jersey in March with Prong and a few other bands.

spacebeer said:
Horrorscope, Years OF Decay and Under The influence are the best albums.

I would say everything from "Taking Over" through "Horrorscope" are essential, with "Taking Over," "Under the Influence," and "Years of Decay" as the absolute best of that bunch.

eighteeschick said:
I'm not a fan of Overkill myself (although I admit to not having heard more than one song (Hello from the Gutter, I think?)) but I do know that they are playing here in Jersey in March with Prong and a few other bands.

Yup, they're playing the Starland and also BB Kings in the city. They always put on a good show.

Oh man, yesterday I found my Horrorscope and Years of Decay CD's. I forgot how good those were. I was listening to 'em none stop.

MetalThrasher442 said:
Whats kind of strange is that I listen to my music in groups. Like when I'm in the mood for Testament, I listen to Testament and Anthrax. And when I'm in the mood for Overkill, I listen to Exodus and when I'm in the mood for Metallica I can listen to Megadeth or Metallica. So that's why my Ipod playlists consist of..

1st playlist is 80's Testament and 80's Anthrax
2nd one is 80's Metallica and all Megadeth
3rd is all Overkill and all Exodus

wow thats the exact same as me, i also listen to slayer but they have their own league for being slayer! ive just bought the years fo decay and fabulous disaster.Both are amazing but i must say i prefer horrorscope to the years fo decay. Fabulous disaster to me though is way better than bonded by blood(ill get grilled for saying this!)

Thrash fiend said:
wow thats the exact same as me, i also listen to slayer but they have their own league for being slayer! ive just bought the years fo decay and fabulous disaster.Both are amazing but i must say i prefer horrorscope to the years fo decay. Fabulous disaster to me though is way better than bonded by blood(ill get grilled for saying this!)

Haha, Bonded by Blood owns!