Recommendations Round 3

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
#1 RULE: ALL RECOMMENDATIONS WILL BE POSTED IN THE SUB-FORUM.

We kicked off the recos today. Everybody can post 2 recommendations, one metal and one non-metal, or two metal.

I ask that everyone participating put in the effort to read the threads and listen to the samples. MAKE THE EFFORT. It's just a matter of courtesy. Likewise, if you post a reco that sucks, thicken your skin for any abuse flying your way. :heh:

Reco Format:
Provide a description of the band and the album(s) in question. It doesn't have to be an exhaustive review, but we also don't want a simple "this rules" crap either. Give us reasons to read and listen to the samples. You'll get more feedback that way.

Thread Title: Recommendation: [Band Name] [Album Name]
(or just band name if you're covering their entire discography)

Insert image of the Album Cover
Provide links to samples
List website address

That's it. :)

Roster: (following list taken from all those who responded in the order in which they responded. Open to debate if need be. If you missed the thread, tough luck, you can have a go but you'll go after this group).

Feb 17th
KY Jelly -- ROOT, LUDICRA
Doomsniffer -- TERRA FIRMA, HORRORS OF THE BLACK MUSEUM
Necuratool -- MORTEM, TURBO

Feb 24th
Raining Acai
Majestikkk
sizzlingnuts

March 3rd
EricShun
track 1 from Panzerfaust
NegroMunchkin

March 10th
spikes77
Demilichtenstein
Clause of Perdition

March 17th
Dilla Deville
DarkOne Steve
General ZOG

March 24th
IoftheSturmfuhrer
Demonspyre
Dev(iant)

March 31st
footbalm
Hazed and Broody
Rustle

April 7th
Doomy
Gridlock
Dreamlord

April 14th

Trylacrosse
My name's Ron 'Evil' Burgundy?
circus_rimshot

April 21st
Santcum
Thierry Henrik

Like I say, other than this weekend's group, the roster is open for debate if anyone particularly wants to go earlier or later. Let me know and I'll change the dates, but you'll have to work it out with whomever you're swapping your dates with. (Do that via PM's please)

Any questions?

I'd take a stab at it but last time I responded in due time and was disregarded. After pms and plenty of posts I wasn't responded to. So, fuck it. :)

I'm assuming because it was a holiday here in the US yesterday and the weekend before that? That's why we're sticking with weekly rounds, giving everyone a chance to hear all the samples and respond to each reco.

So again, for everyone participating, it makes it a lot more interesting if the reco threads can turn into roundtable discussions, or at least offer your thoughts/opinions.

I'm assuming because it was a holiday here in the US yesterday and the weekend before that? That's why we're sticking with weekly rounds, giving everyone a chance to hear all the samples and respond to each reco.

Why are the recs in the subforum again? Just curious as it might reduce a bit of traffic.

Since I've been moving in all weekend, I have a legit excuse, but I'll definitely check them out soon.

Jason

Why are the recs in the subforum again? Just curious as it might reduce a bit of traffic.

Which traffic? General lurkers and guests? Don't care about them folks. If it's us RC folks, then it's really just one click away, and having all those 6 sticky threads up top of the regular forum for the next several weeks is just...ugh.

for a few days i didnt realize we'd even started. i never look in the sub forum because of that needs-to-be-deleted Dornenreich thread

Thing is, how did you guys miss this sticky thread? The first line even says the reviews are in the sub-forum. :tickled:

Anyway, now everyone knows. It's in this thread, the other thread posted today, the first thread Reign in Acai posted, plus the sub-forum.

et voila.

I have a reco ... :loco: ... move it to the main forum.
Isn't the whole idea behind it to expose as many people as possible to new music ... not just the forum regulars ... who are all posers anyway :loco: