recommendations

the only camel similarities on damnation are ending credits and some parts of windowpane... and as for pink floyd... ermm.. no basically

daz436 said:
the only camel similarities on damnation are ending credits and some parts of windowpane...

Really? You don't hear a bit of The Great Marsh in Weakness? or maybe the ending bit of Nimrodel/The Procession/The White Rider in Closure? I think the album overal has quite a similar feel, if only a little darker.

Mumblefood said:
Really? You don't hear a bit of The Great Marsh in Weakness? or maybe the ending bit of Nimrodel/The Procession/The White Rider in Closure? I think the album overal has quite a similar feel, if only a little darker.

hmm actually i do see your point about weakness.. but I really wouldnt reccomend camel as a close cousin to damnation.. despite similarities its in a whole different direction musically

gandalf
ragnarok
paatos (although female vocals)
gilgamesh
caravan (early)
anekdoten
egg
mr toad
camel
dancer
extradition
linda perhacs (again, female vocals)
cressida

now keep in mind opeth has a lot of similarities and probably influences from most of these acts, however theyre not going to sound JUST like them...damnation definitely had the "opeth" flavor on every song.