Creepy music

Originally posted by ffanatic
Arcturus is really creepy stuff.

And Nile will give you nightmares, specifically, "Unas, Slayer of the Gods"

I'm gonna get flamed for this, but...

The title track of the new Slipknot CD scared the crap outta me, the first time I I heard it.

Go ahead, flame away!

I won't shit on you cus I can almost relate. It didn't scare me, but I thought it had its own creepy sound. I hate to admit it, but I don't mind Slipknot. Certainly more fun and interesting to listen to than Mudvayne (for me of course). I liked the first album more though, but I think I just got bored of them by the time their second came around. But yes, that opening track was definitely cool.

Holy shit Verago, did not expect to find any Einsturzende Neubaten fans on this board. I've only heard the album which has two discs, the latter of which is just one 14 minute song Pelikanol. I think the album is called either Silence is Sexy or Pelikanol.

Pelikanol is without a doubt the single creepiest song I have EVER heard.

Hey Evil Genius, I would have said that Mudvayne was more interesting than Slipknot... maybe it's just personal taste, but I think there are some bits on LD50 that are downright progressive. The album as a whole doesn't do an enormous amount for me, but Dig and Internal Primates Forever are pretty darn mad. Guess it has it's moments.

Slipknot on the other hand, I find it really difficult to find any redeeming features. I liked the melodic parts in Wait and Bleed... but beyond that....

Originally posted by enigma_nocurnus
Thorns.

Also, check out a band called the Nefilim. It's a guy doing stuff with his bass player of a band the both used to be in called The Fields of The Nefilim who were like a cult 80's goth type band.
They are very good, but The Nefilim Kick ass cause it's far more metal. Genius use of samples and atmospherics too. I love em. They have one album called "ZOON", it's pronounced "ZO--ON". Check it out cause it's filthy.

Yeah, I agree with you on this! The Nefilim are fucking creepy and darkly atmospheric.... very evil. Especially with the very talented Sheer Faith doing the cover art, which is probably the most evil artwork I have seen. Not in a satanic "I-paint-more-inverted-crosses-than-you" kind of way, but that dark brooding kind of art that makes you want to hide under the bed (umm, or so...). The music is so brooding that I keep looking over my shoulder when listening to it...

I think Iced Earth has a few parts in their songs that could have been really evil and dark, but since they are so integrated with the rest of the tune, they tend to fall out of focus. Still a great band though.

Someone mentioned Ulver's "Perdition City". Don't really think it's scary, but it sends some chills down the old spine... Parts of it are excellent.

Originally posted by EvilGenius
I won't shit on you cus I can almost relate. It didn't scare me, but I thought it had its own creepy sound. I hate to admit it, but I don't mind Slipknot. Certainly more fun and interesting to listen to than Mudvayne (for me of course). I liked the first album more though, but I think I just got bored of them by the time their second came around. But yes, that opening track was definitely cool.

Yeah, come to think of it, that opening track [(515)], is pretty creepy, I was talking about the ending song, Iowa, the one that is like 15 minutes long.

Originally posted by ffanatic
Yeah, come to think of it, that opening track [(515)], is pretty creepy, I was talking about the ending song, Iowa, the one that is like 15 minutes long.

whoops! how'd I miss that? Maybe I was drunk... yeah, probably. Yes, Iowa is not too bad either. :D

Well, there were three bands/projects that immediatly came to mind upon reading the title of this thread.

1. Anglagard

2. Morte Macbre (project consisting of 1/2 Anekdoten, and 1/2 Landberk)

3. Landberk

I just remembered another one: Diabolical Masquerade. I can't remember the name of the song and I'm not at home now, but it's a song from "Ravendusk in my heart" (the first album) and it has a pretty spooky riff!