if opeth is NOT your favourate band... what is?

jester00

Sep 4, 2002
Visit site
Guys im really interested to find out what your favourate bands are.

this is because any band that people rate more highly then opeth are definatly worth me having a listen to.

i listened to pain of salvation recently after a simliar post here and ive gotta say im loving it. so perhaps i can heard some more good recommendations

cheers!

Originally posted by Lion in a Cage
Novembre.

i just bought novembrine waltz.

was playing FLOWER up really loud in my car towards the end when the song is like climaxing and the growls are alternating between clean vocals. this guy pulled up at the lights and yells out "WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT.... IS AWESOME"

i was like novembre!!!!

he goes wtf and drives off showing his horns \m/

I haven't one favourite band, it depends by the moments, i have some bands that are all in the first place and sometimes i listen more to one of them than to the others. Anyway: Opeth, Novembre, Dark Tranquillity, Dream Theater are the best for me now, then there are some good bands that i just discovered

Edit: hell, i forgot to say Katatonia

Originally posted by jester00
i just bought novembrine waltz.

was playing FLOWER up really loud in my car towards the end when the song is like climaxing and the growls are alternating between clean vocals. this guy pulled up at the lights and yells out "WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT.... IS AWESOME"

i was like novembre!!!!

he goes wtf and drives off showing his horns \m/

Yeah! Flower is the best song from NW. I have every Novembre album including the now near-impossible to find "Wish I could dream it again..." and "Arte Novecento". I actually have two copies of "Wish..." and selling one of them at Ebay. Here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=922842362

I haven't really got one...

Black Sabbath
Dream Theater
Metallica

Those three will forever be probably my top 3...

But a band is a band to me, music can be better, but it doesn't mean I will favour it more... Opeth shits me sometimes when I want quick and to the point music, so I put on The Crown or something...

I dont really have a "fav" band. I love to listen to many different bands and styles.... on my list at the moment are the following bands:

My Darkest Hate
Nile
Amon Amrath
Corvus Corax
Old Cathedral
Old Entombed
Warhorse
Electric Wizard
Orange Goblin
Iced Earth
Spiritual Beggars

I would look into a few of these bands, I think you might like a few of them.