Ok then...Why Isn't Opeth your #1 band?

maybe because death metal isn't really that important in the grand scheme of things

what does importance have to do with how much you like something? and importance in terms of what? if you really like death metal, death metal is very important to you.

I, for one, like a LOT of bands/artists across a few different genres. They can't all be my #1, now can they? In actuality, I'm not 100% certain what my #1 band would be right now, but Opeth are great and definitely among my favorites. So, it's not that there's something wrong with Opeth, it's just that there's too much to pick from.

I, for one, like a LOT of bands/artists across a few different genres. They can't all be my #1, now can they? In actuality, I'm not 100% certain what my #1 band would be right now, but Opeth are great and definitely among my favorites. So, it's not that there's something wrong with Opeth, it's just that there's too much to pick from.

+1. Exactly what I think.

Because metal isn't exactly my style of music anymore + they're not old enough to say in retrospect what was they're "golden era" etc. And there's YES. A band that cannot be surpassed.

Because absolutely no one is as great as Chuck Schuldiner ever was, sadly.

Crimson II>Symbolic>Purgatory Afterglow>Morbid Tales>Unorthodox>Until Eternity Ends>Reign in Blood>Cryptic>Cause of Death>Mental Funeral>The Spectral Sorrows>Det Som Engang Var>Fear of A Blank Planet>MoonTower>Omnio>Nothing but Death Remains>Arise>Painkiller

IMHO

i think it's about time you gave your moontower cd (or downloaded mp3s) another spin...

crypic > moontower???????

LOL, right!

Ghost Reveries is better than the first three albums.

are you fucking daft? Ghost Reveries has one *great* song. Track one. And it doesn't compete with BRI, twilight is my robe, demon of the fall. If you're in a *music* mood, the first three albums are the way to go.

are you fucking daft? Ghost Reveries has one *great* song. Track one. And it doesn't compete with BRI, twilight is my robe, demon of the fall. If you're in a *music* mood, the first three albums are the way to go.

200px-Earwax_on_swab.jpg

Opeth is my favorite band
ive never ever encountered a band that instantly brightens my mood with any song on any of their cds like opeth
mike writes music better then anyone else IMO, and i have listened to lots and lots of music.
plus he introduced me to alternate tunings, which are 10x funner to mess around with then standard tunings

:lol: