Ok then...Why Isn't Opeth your #1 band?

I can't say Opeth is my number 1 band just cause I listen to so many bands, which I think are all amazing. Also, I don't rank them in top 10 or shit like that.

uhhh... and yeah, crimson owns the rest of the EoS discog...

Infernal > Crimson > Spectral Sorrows > Until Eternity Ends EP > Purgatory Afterglow > Unorthodox > Crimson II > Nothing But Death Remains > Cryptic

on first listen i prefer crimson 2 to crimson. that's the first thing i'm gonna get killed for.

second

errrrr my tastes have just changed. i'm more into hard rock like AiC and Soundgarden right now than metal. Listening to metal the whole time dulls the palate anyway. 4 years ago opeth was my fave band by miles. the last 2 albums haven't done it for me.

Crimson>The Spectral Sorrows>Purgatory Afterglow>Unorthodox>Crimson II>Infernal>Until Eternity Ends>Cryptic>Nothing But Death Remains

Crimson II>Symbolic>Purgatory Afterglow>Morbid Tales>Unorthodox>Until Eternity Ends>Reign in Blood>Cryptic>Cause of Death>Mental Funeral>The Spectral Sorrows>Det Som Engang Var>Fear of A Blank Planet>MoonTower>Omnio>Nothing but Death Remains>Arise>Painkiller

IMHO

Crimson II>Symbolic>Purgatory Afterglow>Morbid Tales>Unorthodox>Until Eternity Ends>Reign in Blood>Cryptic>Cause of Death>Mental Funeral>The Spectral Sorrows>Det Som Engang Var>Fear of A Blank Planet>MoonTower>Omnio>Nothing but Death Remains>Arise>Painkiller

IMHO

but you forgot watershed

IMHO

You forgot Crimson and Infernal, and mistakingly put Cryptic.

You're joking right? How is saying Cryptic is better than Crimson like saying Orchid, Morningrise and My Arms Your Hearse is better than Ghost Reveries?

i was joking just as much as anyone has got to be if they say orchid/morningrise~ is any bit as good as ghost reveries.

i was joking just as much as anyone has got to be if they say orchid/morningrise~ is any bit as good as ghost reveries.

IMHO Orchid is Opeth's second best album and Ghost Reveries is their worst. Cryptic is universally hated by most EOS fans, Orchid however isn't universally hated by Opeth fans, so they're noncomparable.

Every Opeth album is pretty good. I always wonder why people start arguing about it, just cause they have slightly different taste with the albums.