if opeth is NOT your favourate band... what is?

I like different bands better depending on what mood I'm in, like Soilworker was saying, if I want straight and to the point music I'm certainly not going to pop in an Opeth cd. I also have certain bands and albums that share a connection with a time period or event in my life, so regardless of whether they musically compare to Opeth I might like them alot more.

My favorite artists/bands, other than Opeth, are:

Alice In Chains
Megadeth
Stabbing Westward
Tool
Soundgarden
Rollins Band
A Perfect Circle
Death
Arch Enemy
Carcass
Foo Fighters
Savatage
Porcupine Tree
Mad Season
Guns N' Roses

I just love it that three of my favorite bands either broke up or suffered an immense loss preventing a reunion from ever happening within the same year. :mad:

type o negative is and always will be the best band ever
maudlin of the well is also really great
anathema
radiohead
moonspell
dysrhythmia

Anathema
Paradise Lost (espcially Incon,Dtimes)
Dark Tranquility
Then Opeth (Some songs are among my VERY fav ones, but i still need time to come along with growls of opeth which i kinda dislike still comparing to most other swedish bands like In Flames, Soilwork, Dark Tranquility)

Originally posted by redreflection
Tool
My Dying Bride
Meshuggah
Strapping Young Lad
In The Woods...

...to name a few.

great choices, its good to see tool at the top of that list.

Tool
Pink Floyd
Bethlehem
Dimmu Borgir
The Misfits (not the "nu"fits but glenn era)
Burzum
Iron Maiden

Really good to see such a diverse range of musical tastes among the members here!

Opeth is pretty much on top, but close are:

Tool
Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
Massive Attack
Portishead
Sublime
and for some reason.. 311.

Tool and Opeth are kinda tied, but lately it's been Opeth (what with Deliverance and all)

wow soooo much more music to try out now...

but quite a few bands keep getting mentioned which means i definatley need to check them out

Heavy Stuff:

Opeth
Meshuggah
Dillinger Escape Plan
Helmet (yeah!)

Metal

Cannibal Corpse
Suffocation
Dying Fetus
Nile

"Popular" Stuff
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Tool
Incubus
Mudvayne
Slipknot (gasp!!!)

Weird Stuff

Butthole Surfers
Bjork
Radiohead
Jesus Lizard
Mike Patton (any band)
John Frusciante

I used to be real closed minded about music when I was in like middle and most of high school (first Nirvana, then Rage Against the Machine). As I started to get better at guitar, I learned to appreciate alot of different stuff (as you can see.)

Anyone like the Butthole Surfers?

Opeth has become one of my favorite of favorites though...I can't describe how much respect I have for the music these guys make...