Creepy music

TempleGod

Feb 5, 2002
Illinois
Are there any bands/genres out there that can give you the chills listening to them? Im looking for more new stuff again...so any recommendations are welcome.

Try the new Breach album ("kollapse")!
or some album of Neurosis, I'd say "Through silver in blood" would be the most "creepy"...

-> Einstürzende Neubauten - "Halber Mensch"

halber.jpg

-> The middle part of Ulver´s "Perdition City" (We are the Dead & Dead City Centres)

-> In the Woods... - "Basement Corridors"

Pan-Thy-Monium scares the fuck outta me. Particularly around 13:00 mins or so of the song 1. (first track no name), off Dawn of Dreams. I swear it is the scariest part in any song ever. Strange crickets, squishy noises, dark and evil notes and echos and a satanic deep voice speaking in some undecipherable language.

Its so creepy...love it.

Virgin Black is about as scary as Marillion Manson.
I'm willing to sell that double cd to anyone for $10?

Want Scary!!!!
Try this - go swimming in the ocean with a Sony walkman, while playing the theme to JAWS... I find the further you get from land the scarier it gets.

Originally posted by Static
Pan-Thy-Monium scares the fuck outta me.

Pan-thy-monium? That's an uh...interesting...name. Ill check em out tho.

Originally posted by Monsterxman
Try this - go swimming in the ocean with a Sony walkman, while playing the theme to JAWS... I find the further you get from land the scarier it gets.

Well I don't think that would be very scary since the walkman would probably short out in the water.

Originally posted by TempleGod
Pan-thy-monium? That's an uh...interesting...name. Ill check em out tho.

They're an acquired taste, kinda freaky and weird. I got into them solely because Dan Swano plays keyboards for them and I must have anything and everything hes been a part of.

Thorns.

Also, check out a band called the Nefilim. It's a guy doing stuff with his bass player of a band the both used to be in called The Fields of The Nefilim who were like a cult 80's goth type band.
They are very good, but The Nefilim Kick ass cause it's far more metal. Genius use of samples and atmospherics too. I love em. They have one album called "ZOON", it's pronounced "ZO--ON". Check it out cause it's filthy.

just got godspeed you black emperor full lenght..
freaked me off last night...also old stuff..
comus:first utterance
that`s pretty odd and scary stuff..(actually one of the mikael åkerfeldt`s all time faves)

Steven Wilson and myself were discussing what is the most evil and disturbing record we'd heard.
I obviously went for Bathory's "The return" while Steve named this band Throbbing gristle and an album they'd done back in the late 70´s called "2nd annual report". I'd heard of the band but never heard the music.
He played some stuff to me, and although that wasn't real music, more like noise and some talking going on, the sounds had a massive impact on me. I felt sick listening to it. It was the most decadent, creepy, evil music I'd ever heard. And I'm talking REAL evil. Of course now I gotta have it!

It's not good in the sense, that it'd influence me, but it's fucking disgusting music!
Hope all is well with you guys.
Cheers
Mike

do you mean eletric noise?
there are many "noise" bands around..but generally samples mixed with eletronics and stuff..not my favourite..

i think there`s lots of bands like morte macabre.(featuring anekdoten and landberg guys) who use to cover horror movie soundracks from italian horror movies..i heard one band, called daemon, playing some seriously scary stuff..it was a soundtrack from some mario bava film (i think)
so..italian prog-bands use to do that alot:)