Recommendations?????

I'd recommend trying to get a hold of:

Beyond Dawn-Pity Love

This is a VERY overlooked CD by the doom community imo. It is really bleak, experimental doom with a sound I'd compare to Eternity or Discouraged Ones era Anathema/Katatonia, with some harsh vocals. The band also uses a trombone, but seriously... it is the most depressed sounding trombone I have ever heard. Check them out, seriously. Just a disclaimer though, if you don't appreciate extremely experimental trip-hop/electro rock, steer clear of all their other releases ;P

When I was DJing the other week I was asked for "something really depressing"...

What else, but "Tear Dance" by Beyond Dawn.

Classic.

:Smug: Here are some.

Daylight Dies: www.myspace.com/daylightdies

Novembers Doom: www.myspace.com/novembersdoom

klimt 1918: www.myspace.com/klimt1918

Saturnus: www.myspace.com/saturnus

Rapture: www.myspace.com/rapturefin

The Eternal: www.myspace.com/theeternalband

The Loveless: www.myspace.com/theeloveless

Before The Dawn: www.myspace.com/beforethedawnmusic

Blazing Eternity: www.myspace.com/blazingeternity

Monokromia: www.myspace.com/monokromia

Ask me if you want some more!!!!

I really like the list. Knew all of them except Monokromia!

More?

Blood Inside is very good too. In fact, they all are. Anything with Garm on it is amazing. Such as The Adversary, not an Ulver album. That album is great, but when I learned Garm did backing vox on Homecoming, I just went insane with that song haha.

You guys just have to hear the band The Eternal. Brilliant gothic doomy stuff with clean vocals. I guarentee if you like mid era Paradise Lost and Anathema etc, you'll love them, especially their first album 'The Sombre Light of Isolation'.

And to hear his production style and bass playing, check out my band Rainshadow- link below.

Check those and this:

- Napalm Death - Fear, Emptiness,Despair and Cursed to tour.
- Nortt - Ligfaett.
- Opeth- all.
- Esoteric.
- Abigor - Nachthymnen(from Twilights Kingdoms), Sound of Galaxies.
- Odes of Ecstasy - all.
- Macbeth - all.
- Madder Mortem - all flesh is grass, deadlands, desiderata.
- Dolorian - s/t.