Redeye finally arrive....some problems (Metaltastic help me)

No problem man...I found it in the UK from UnityAudio (it arrives without the reamp level pot.......anyway it works). I wanted to buy it from Thomann but when I went to order it, they had already delete it from the shop (someone in the forum bought the last one :D).

FYI if you guys remember from some time ago, I bought 2 redeyes and one of them had a bad transformer in it so I sent it back. But I was passing no audio, just noise, so it's probably not the same issue, but it can happen...

No problem man...I found it in the UK from UnityAudio (it arrives without the reamp level pot.......anyway it works). I wanted to buy it from Thomann but when I went to order it, they had already delete it from the shop (someone in the forum bought the last one :D).

I know, I had it on my wishlist for about a month and then it disappeared :Smug:
Thanks on the info, I'll look it up

FYI if you guys remember from some time ago, I bought 2 redeyes and one of them had a bad transformer in it so I sent it back. But I was passing no audio, just noise, so it's probably not the same issue, but it can happen...

Mine has noise but if I push the ground lift it disappear so it's my house...there are also scratch and buzz...but they are caused from the cables.
My problem is that the signal lacks of gain, distorsion and volume.
It seems like the redeye eats part of the gain. I noticed it a little when I tried the DI. If I plugged my guitar in the redeye and went to the amp from the instrument thru, the sound is a little undergained than guitar-Amp without reamp in the middle...
uhmmmm

The only issue I've had with the Red Eye so far was when I took it to a local studio to reamp. OBSCENE amounts of noise were coming through the amp. Electrical/buzz/hiss/everything. I had no idea what was going on, but switching the Red Eye with a Samson DI working in reverse got rid of a majority of the buzz. To this day I cannot figure out why that happened and why the Red Eye works fine for me at home (with the ground lift engaged).

I noticed NOISES too....some noise from the cables, some noise from the ground.....but sometime I hear a big hum through the amp, also with the ground lift engaged.....I don't know :\

It's a ground loop, and it sucks, I know - get an isolation transformer and stick it between the Profire 2626 and the Redeye and you'll be good! Or if you're on a laptop, run it on battery power (which sucks, I know). I don't think this problem is unique to the Redeye, btw, since ground loops pop up everywhere and are the devil's work :Smug: But yeah, once you get it, better to not use the ground lift if you can help it! (that goes for the Redeye and your amp)

It's the profire.....I have an hum noise coming from the right speaker and now that I connect the redeye to one output, the hum comes also from the cabinet...it's very annoying!!!!
What should be done in these cases? One solution is the isolation transformer...another one? Ground loops are caused by a bad house's electrician system or there are different causes?

Nah, ground loops rarely have anything to do with the wiring in a house, it's just when there are too many grounds flowing through the same circuit (or something, I'm a total electronics n00b :lol: ) - I get 'em when I re-amp both at my parents house and at my apartment, so an iso transformer is a life saver! (actually, I have this, but they don't make one for non-US'ers :erk: )

Ok...I bought all the cables I needed.
Now I have a balanced trs-xlr cable from interface out to redeye and a short instrument cable from redeye to my amp.
I send my DI to a mono out, set the level fader to 0, redeye pad is out (+6dB) and reamp level is maxed.
I set my amp with the same setting that I use with my guitar, same gain, same pre, same master....but the level of the reamp is way lower. Lower and Undergained.
I tried to raise the send level from protools but it clipped the track and it still way different from the sound of a guitar plugged directly to the amp...
I don't know what it should be..... :(

edit:
It lacks also in body and bass

Yeah, I'm at a loss dude, sounds like you're doing everything right, and if you're using my DI's I know they worked fine for me when re-amping - I guess all I can suggest is raising the gain on the amp somewhat, but otherwise might be time to exchange it unfortunately! All I can say is mine works great, and I'm certainly not the only one (DSS3, Wolfeman, F0RBIDDEN), so maybe you got a bad unit!

Holy shit, that sounds severely undergained!

I just tracked some DI tracks as well and send them to Lasse, i hope he will have no problems with it as you do at the moment, that really sounds weird... i shall delve deeper into this thread later tonight, not enough time to read it all at the moment.

My main problem is not the little noise.....it's it has a very little amount of gain. I don't fuckin' know what it should be. The DI track is perfect (peaks at -3.5dB max)... it seems the reamp output has not the right level....don't know

I have this problem with my M-Audio and Redeye also, I thought it was because of not having a balanced out, but if you're using a balanced out on your Profire, then it's not that.

Using a balanced or an unbalanced though the external in, give me the same identical result.
So...could it be a profire's problem maybe? I mean....if it has low level outputs..

Actually, yeah, see if you can adjust the levels of the Profire's outputs, it'd probably be in the control panel on the computer for the unit!

Holy fuck.....I had all the outputs commanded by the master volume knob (and not only the 2 monitors outputs). Now I set the master volume knob only for the monitors outputs and the reamp works great!