Redwire Impulses - worth it?

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
Hey guys,

I use impulses for guitar scratch tracks and rough tones while tracking. I usually use Ryan's awesome fredman impulses, as most here would by now, but am wondering whether the Redwires really bring something better to the table?

Anyone made some decent clips using some of their impulses, and better yet, managed to beat out Ryan's with them?

Cheers!

I'm also considering getting the Mesa pack, so any info would be cool :D

I've been using Recabinet though, and I like some of the sounds I've got out of it.

I have the Mesa OS pack and like some of the stuff in there a lot. I'll usually use Recabinet or Redwirez stuff.

I might post something for you to listen to later. :)

I have the Mesa OS pack and like some of the stuff in there a lot. I'll usually use Recabinet or Redwirez stuff.

I might post something for you to listen to later. :)

That would be cool man :headbang:

I'm only interested in the Mesa pack, I only really use the Mesa impulses from Recabinet, and before I used them, I used Ryan's Mesa impulse :lol: I like the Boogie sound!

honestly id say its not worth it the catharsis and guitarhack impulses are alot better in my opinion and there free

I agree, but I'm constantly looking to try and improve my sound, I noticed my sound was sounding more like a real amp when I used some of the Recabinet impulses mixed together, so from what people are saying, these Redwire ones should be even better :D

honestly id say its not worth it the catharsis and guitarhack impulses are alot better in my opinion and there free

The Catharsis and GuitarHack stuff is really good too, but Recabinet and Redwirez give a very different sound. I use all that have been mentioned to be honest.

The thing with Redwirez and Recabinet compared to the other ones is that you sort of get a whole comprehensive library of impulses, and it is easy to know what mic you have selected and what position it is in, etc.

I'm not saying this is necessarily important information to a lot of people, but I find it useful and interesting at the very least.

I really like the 1960 impulses in the Recabinet Modern at the moment, and the TAB57 in the Mesa OS REdwirez impulses sounds great too.

Marcus...I saw you say you liked that TAB one, so I tried it out myself and that is what lead me to suggest it in this thread. ;)

I used to always use impulses that had 'grill' in their name, representing the fact that the microphone was right on the grill cloth, but I've recently gone to using impulses that are 1 inch from the cloth, and my tone just sounds SO much better as a result.

I like the Red Wire impulses. With my Axe-FX, they come across as being more transparent and accurate. I don't have any clips, but they're my favorite so far.

Pretty sure Dimi Nalbontov uses these pulses, and as I recall they sounded a lot better than most of the ones he used

Well, as a Recabinet user I was eager to check out the Redwirez impulses as well...so what? I ordered the Ubercab V30 impulse set but quite honestly - I wasn't THAT impressed by it. :Smug:

Surely, it's very good but I have no doubt to say that Recabinet is as good as Redwirez impulses are, at least for me and my ampsims (Overloud TH1, Amplitube 3 etc.). But I have no idea how the others (Mesa, Engl) are...

I think Redwirez sound better than Recabinet. I own both, but honestly don't use them much anymore since I got Amplitube 3 - Amplitube 3's cabs are stellar imo.

Recabinet lacks low end.not fun to play with.
The author will now come and say that they fit mix better.standard excuse.

I own the mesa pack and I love it, those are the impulses I am using now (I love those far fields impulses). I also own Recabinet. I think that both are worth the money. I used to use Ryan's impulses but they sounded too boomy with my guitar

Here's a recent clip I did with the Recto redwirez, I have the ENGL cabs but have yet to load em up. So far I dig them!

http://www.reverbnation.com/tunepak/2602056

All the guitars are running the same impulse.. 2 rhy tracks.

Edit:
I don't remember what the clean is using actually.. but the gain is redwirez recto.

Ermz... Best impulses available period for what I do, and I have a huge collection which I've meticulously gone through and tested and yes I own Recabinet. They really seem to nail the frequencies I hear in a miced cab. If you're serious about recording, there's no reason you shouldn't already own these. Just the variety and mic placements alone are worth it. These impulses are the first group where I've actually been able to hear accurately the variations in the mic positions.

Definitely a worthwhile purchase if you still haven't found the perfect impulse. You might just find a gem as I did.

I'd also suggest using a good convolution processor like Sir2 or Altiverb. Not all of them sound sound alike! I am still amazed at how much difference the right convolution processor makes!!!