References to other bands

Defuturo

New Metal Member
Aug 10, 2008
I know that Blackwater Park is a reference to the same name, and For Absent Friends is titled after the Genesis song on Nursery Cryme, but does anyone know of any other little references Opeth has to other bands?

masters apprentices is named after an australian band i think (the masters apprentices)

my arms your hearse is a reference to the song diana by comus, and so is the baying of the hounds, its from the song drip drip, both those comus songs are off the album the herald, which is a great album worth checking out

of course this is also in the mentioned other thread............

Amen Corner, and When are 70's psychedelic bands. Madrigal is also a Yes song from 1978. Nektar is a 70's prog band. And the list goes on and on and on......

Face of Melinda is about the time Mike once spit in the face of a groupie. Despite the fact that he now adamantly denies this event ever occured (See the Rehearsal Tapes DVD from the special edition of Watershed).

my arms your hearse is a reference to the song diana by comus, and so is the baying of the hounds, its from the song drip drip, both those comus songs are off the album the herald, which is a great album worth checking out

of course this is also in the mentioned other thread............

I don't even know if this is a troll...

My Arms Your Hearse is actually a lyric from the Comus song "Drip Drip"
and the album is "First Utterance" not "The Herald"

Vivören;7509048 said:
Hours Of Wealth is about when Mike won a million dollars and soon blew it all on a giant nacho hat.

I wish I had a nacho hat. :cry:

But, to contribute something useful to the thread: The album title "Watershed", was taken from a previous and rare Opeth album, called "A Holocaust On The Moon". There was a song about a great flood that ruined Peter's shed and swept away many tools for yard maintenance.