relationship(love) on line, possible?

certified

good bye :(
Apr 22, 2005
I'm sure we all have seen, "we met on line and now we're married"
people hook up in many different ways
have you met anyone special on the internet?
maybe your life's partner or a friend for life?
any thoughts about this (good or bad)?

I say it is just as good as meeting someone in real life maybe even better since well it is easier then going up to someone and ask them out without worrying about the shame of rejection.

I have met some of my closest friends thanks to the internet. Only problem is they live so damn far away (Austria, Finland, Belgium), so we don't get to see each other as often as we'd like to. But hey, this way, you always have a reason to go travelling - and there's places to stay wherever you go. :)
A dear friend from Austria came up to Berlin last weekend for a spontaneous visit. We hadn't seen each other for seven months. Felt good to have her around for a while. :Spin:

Can't say much regarding relationship/ love online right now, I might be able to say more by the end of the summer. :p

I don't think people could really fall in love online until they've met that person in real life.

i think that's dificult.. because people are "virtual" in some way.. the fellings get to become confused..

for friendship is diferent.. but how can u say "i love you" to someone u don't really know?
...complicated...

You can like or feel addicted to someone's personality or words through the Internet. However the actually meaning and concept of love imperatively involves physical and visual contact. So basically the Internet can be considered as a mean to find someone you can fall in love with but not as a direct way to fall in love with someone you have never seen.

I got really sick and tired of meeting girls who were only interested in looks and muscles. That's what the social scene has become out there these days. The rise of glamour in mainstream culture has made the social single scene really aggressive and I just dont get into that.

To me it's important to find a partner that is a thinker, loving, honest, patient, considerate, clean etc etc.

My partner and I are about to move in together, our relationship has been fantastic since the moment it began and our friendship continues to provide an amazing foundation for us.

Oh, I should mention - we met on an online dating site:)

Definitely. I have dated several girls I met online, from different websites. Currently, like half of all the emails I get to my hotmail account are from match.com, either someone emailing me or indicating that someone has shown interest. I must have really blown myself out of proportion in my profile lol.

snow2fall said:
I have met some of my closest friends thanks to the internet. Only problem is they live so damn far away (Austria, Finland, Belgium), so we don't get to see each other as often as we'd like to. But hey, this way, you always have a reason to go travelling - and there's places to stay wherever you go. :)
Im the same, I have good friends in Liverpool, Paris, Helsinki, near Milan and so on :)
I met my ex GF on UM, we met in Wacken last summer and got together.. it didnt work out so well though. You can make friends easily on the internet, but loves needs real life and lots of time.. real life we had, but not exactly much time, so.. :(

The concept is idiotic... you cannot fall in love with someone you do not have constant physical and personal contact with... What a person is on the internet is rarely what they are in reality... online they are perfect in a manner of speakingm where you build them up to be like they are in a flirty conversation... then you meet them in person, maybe even move in, date, and such, and realize they are human and have many habits and personality traits that can only be seen in reality... friends, certainly, I have many... Love... again, childish, naive and stupid in my view.

I never thought about it too much but
I'm going to find out in the next few months :D