Releases 2009!

Wow, I cannot wait for that Slumber album... sounds great.

In other news, Dying Fetus' new album is pretty cool... I was surprised I liked it seeing how I was never really a big fan of theirs, probably not something for everyday listening though.

And Arjen Lucassen's Guilt Machine smokes the pole.

Just got the new Insomnium album in the mail... I have a bit of an erection. :kickass:
Are you sure you got the real Dying Fetus album and not a fake? There are fakes floating around. New Insomnium is great, hopefully I get the CD soon. I also agree with you about Arjen Lucassen's new band. It's very good stuff.

The track titles on the album are all mixed up but yeah I believe it is. I listened to the ones on their myspace and they match up, not sure about some of it though. Haha

I listened to most of the Guilt Machine album, I meant it kinda sucks. I will give it a second try though.

Ahhh, and forgot to add The Few Against Many album was much better the second and third run.

The new Miseration album is awesome and brutal. Pussies need not apply. ;)

in b4 kids asking me to leak it. Won't happen, sry.

I also received the new Insomnium album yesterday. I am still developing an opinion on what I think. The few listens yesterday were a blur, mainly because I was very tired. Listening again now and many more to follow.

The new Porcupine Tree is supposed to come out next week, so hopefully that will be in my mailbox soon.

The Insomnium album is definitely growing on me, I'll need to run it still more to get the full effect. I can say that Where The Last Wave Broke would probably be my initial favorite if it didn't have the clean vox.

The Few Against Many album is definitely pretty awesome, very glad I gave them a second chance. I didn't really get the Moontower reference at first but it's there for sure :)

After listening to the Insomnium album for like a month I would put it at 3rd fav of 4. Their first two albums were just flat out better, but I think Across the dark is more epic and has a better soundscape than Above the Weeping World, if that makes any sense. I also really like the clean vocals, I think they fit the music quite well.

Really like what I'm hearing of The Few Against Many, as well. Something about the vocal delivery on "Brand Mark" is really fucking catchy.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002N8TH10?ie=UTF8&tag=nublreus-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B002N8TH10[/ame]

Sampleessssss... grym & frostbitten ones!

Also, regarding our SPV discussion a few weeks/months ago in this thread -- it appears that Century Media has bought Inside Out Music from SPV, for those that were wondering.

I just wanted to tell all you guys that last night my friend and I sat down and listened to the new Sonata Arctica album, The Days of Grays. I have to say, I haven't laughed that hard in a while. Regardless of how you feel about power metal, Sonata had built a reputation of being consistent and producing top quality music. Unia was concerning to say the least. Their newest is absolutely comical. Awkward, slow, unimaginative, sloppy, boring. The first track called Deathaura had me on the floor laughing, almost in tears, at the atrocious female singing/whispering followed by a jumbled 6 minute snoozathon that consistently made me say, "Wait...what the FUCK?", and not in a good way. Awful ideas.

Edit: There is one good track, Flag in the Ground. I did not find another track that I can say was even remotely tolerable to listen to, regardless of whatever genre they decide to play.

I actually liked Unia, it had the dark melancholic vibe of the Silence era stuff. This new one was garbage, I agree. I know Tony wrote all the music from day one and he's obviously turning the band into some angsty Nightmare Before Christmas opera band. lol