Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Philosophy

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Humanism/Autodeism

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 12 35.3%

• Total voters
After all these years, I can finally say something about religion, too. I have a great attitude to Nordic etymology, I've been dreaming to visit the Nordic countries for a long time and get to know such representatives of this direction. I myself have exchanged knowledge with them, I like that I can share what I study myself. Please note, I do not impose my vision. I like to share experiences, where I can learn something good, and maybe even more. In general, I will be glad if someone keeps me a company to chat. PM me if you are also interested in books, readings, and ancient chronicles. I have assembled a library of interesting books and am eager to share it with you firstchurchlove.com

Last edited:
Not quite sure what you mean. I think both of them are suggesting that nobody knows. The difference is that atheism is saying I have no reason to believe based on lack of evidence, therefore I don't where as agnosticism is saying there's no evidence of a higher power's existence but there's also no evidence for its lack of existence.

The burden of proof lying on both the theist and atheist is suggesting that atheism is a position like their theist counterpart when it isn't. It's simply non-belief. That's more or less what makes it confusing and I think in all likelihood an agnostic leans closer one way or the other and just hasn't quite figured out which yet.

I'd quibble slightly there; agnosticism says "I don't know" and atheism says "nobody knows."
Actually atheism says "I don't believe". You can then have gnostic atheists, whose position is that we can (or will in the future) know/prove that no deities exist.

Conversely, there are agnostic theists and Christian agnostics, eg.:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_theism
An agnostic theist believes in the existence of one or more gods, but regards the basis of this proposition as unknown or inherently unknowable.

There's quite a crowd who roll out all kinds of logical reasoning for disproving the existence of god though. I'd say that's at the gnostic end of things. Richard Dawkins said "I am agnostic to the extent that I am agnostic about fairies at the bottom of the garden."

Whereas usually when people say they're agnostic, I think it means they're toying with the possibility that the universe has some sort of higher power (and don't think that's stupid). Maybe a god, or maybe an inanimate guiding force that's too quirky to be modelled by formulas, I dunno.

To me at least, if someone says they're an atheist, I'd assume they're somewhat invested in their point of view and have a desire to back it up. On the other hand, if someone says they're agnostic, I just think they're uncertain, don't feel any faith, and are being honest about it.

My country was invaded by Christians and almost none of the original religious practices are left aside from the country side.
I strive to learn what they have to pass down.
It's mostly paganism with Catholic dressing.

To me at least, if someone says they're an atheist, I'd assume they're somewhat invested in their point of view and have a desire to back it up. On the other hand, if someone says they're agnostic, I just think they're uncertain, don't feel any faith, and are being honest about it.
this really would totally make perfect sense outside of America
but here in America you are possibly running into the problem of the 2 terms being interchangeable in the minds of the people that are telling you that they are "not christian" in which case the person is just using the terms interchangeably and just using the word that they think would be more comfortable with you hearing them say

this would be definitely happening here in "The Bible Belt"
here in Texas you can sometimes hear someone ask "which religion are you?" when what they actually mean is "which denomination of Christianity are you?"

Last edited:
my problem here is basically
how do i know that your "God" is actually "THE God"

i keep having people use "intelligent design" as supposedly proof of Christianity
but there's a missing step in the logic, if we say that "Intelligent Design" has been proven, that Intelligent design proves the existence of a "designer", then it's just a weird illogical leap to then say that the Father of Jesus is the Designer of the planet/universe beyond planet earth

long long time ago
i actually did a bunch of posts (Possibly earlier in this specific thread, IIRC) where i showed that the missing sentences in The Pentateuch actually showed that the God-of-the-Israelites is definitely clearly NOT the intelligent designer

instead of finding those posts and quoting myself

i'll just do a little bit of it from memory

Abel was already married, but still childless, when Cain killed Abel
Cain's Punishment for killing Abel was that Cain was not allowed to breed with Eve's Daughters
Seth's descendants (showing that Noah was descended from Seth) were from Seth breeding with Abel's widow
Cain's wife was NOT his sister
Cain was exiled away from Eve's daughters
Cain's wife's people already had a calendar way-the-fuck before the creation of Adam
Genesis chapter 5 shows the number of years between the creation of Adam and Noah's Flood,
this is the Deity in control of Noah's descendants doing a calendar re-set, claiming that Adam was the first human "created on the 6th day"
this calendar re-set was to prevent Noah's decedents from realizing humans existed way the fuck before Adam

preventing Noah's descendants from realizing that humans existed way way before Adam is also the explanation of why Old Testament God made rules against people talking to the ghosts of the dead, talking to animals, and why the God of the Israelites had Moses kill all of the Matriarchal tribes

The Book of Numbers mentions a Midianite woman named "Kozbi, daughter of Zur"
the text mentions her first name "Kozbi" instead of just merely calling her "Daughter of Zur" because she had a position of great power within the Midianite tribe that no female would have had in among the Isrealites
when Kozbi was killed, the God-of-the-isrealites stopped the plague, because of Kozbi's position of power within the Midianite tribe
God wouldn't have stopped the plague if Phineas has killed a random midianite woman, and Phineas might not have even felt the need to kill a random midianite woman, God Stopped the plague when Kozbi died because Phineas had killed the specific powerful woman who was resposible for the midianite women having sex with the isrealite men, for any individual midianite woman to have sex with any individual isrealite man, the 2 of them would have had to have gotten Kozbi's permission, but then Kozbi just decided to have all the midianite women have sex with the isrealite men, Kozbi having this kind of power, and using it in this way, is why the plague started, Kozbi's decision-making started the plague, and therefore Kozbi's death ended the plague

The Book of Numbers mentions a Midianite woman named "Kozbi, daughter of Zur"
the text mentions her first name "Kozbi" instead of just merely calling her "Daughter of Zur" because she had a position of great power within the Midianite tribe that no female would have had in among the Isrealites
when Kozbi was killed, the God-of-the-isrealites stopped the plague, because of Kozbi's position of power within the Midianite tribe
God wouldn't have stopped the plague if Phineas has killed a random midianite woman, and Phineas might not have even felt the need to kill a random midianite woman, God Stopped the plague when Kozbi died because Phineas had killed the specific powerful woman who was resposible for the midianite women having sex with the isrealite men, for any individual midianite woman to have sex with any individual isrealite man, the 2 of them would have had to have gotten Kozbi's permission, but then Kozbi just decided to have all the midianite women have sex with the isrealite men, Kozbi having this kind of power, and using it in this way, is why the plague started, Kozbi's decision-making started the plague, and therefore Kozbi's death ended the plague

nobody really cares but i didn't really thoroughly explain what Kozbi was actually doing when she pissed-off the God-of-the-Isrealites

inter-tribal-sex would have been a really-really-big deal here
think inter-racial-sex in the 1950s

what was actually happening was that Kozbi was in charge of midianite tribe's fertility rituals
the Midianite women were trying to get impregnated by the Isrealite men, and then the entire Midianite tribe would do this weird ignoring-the-elephant-in-the-room thing of kinda-half-ass pretending that this group of sterile men were somehow the fathers of the babies that came from the Isrealite men shooting their sperm into the midianite women in the few weeks (few months??) just before Phineas killed Kozbi