• Philosophy

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Humanism/Autodeism

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 12 35.3%

• Total voters
It doesn't exist.

Who are you to decide what does and does not exist?

I was raised a catholic, became an atheist around the age of 13 and switched to Agnosticism when I was around 18 years old. I believe in science and I believe in logic. However, I also believe that we are expendable beings on a tiny planet in an immense universe. What could we possibly understand about supreme beings? What is wrong with neither denying nor accepting the belief of a divine entity?

I'd rather keep a constant battle in my open mind than close it completely. I like to live this way, traveling and getting to know different people with different mindsets (even though I don't necessarily agree with man-made religion), and that should be respected. :)

"It is not the answer that enlightens, but the question."

- Eugène Ionesco

I use Buddhism and meditation to help me remain happy in the World. My Dad is an atheist and my Mother is a Catholic. I have, however, always had an affinity with Buddhism, it has always made sense to me. In my opinion, the speed of life in the towns and cities is beyond acceptability and I do what I can to slow it down in my mind, and to not care what others think of me, and to not to worry over something that wont go away by worrying. Lots of wisdoms are available in Buddhism.

Aye, Elephants are highly intelligent, and make humans look like animals sometimes. Like in this video.

Basically the Elephant is seeing the rubbish on the floor and knowing that it should have been put in the bin. Dirty bastards.

You think it should use a toilet? Of course there aren't any toilets for Elephants, though if some were designed and built it would probably use them. The video was just showing how Animals can be rather benign is all.

Elephants are really intelligent. Their intelligence is of a type that is evolved from their environment, it is not like human intelligence. They aren't as intelligent as humans in many ways, of course they aren't, however, they are very intelligent. Their intelligence may have a large capacity for `house training` if they were shown, like Cats and Dogs have, I am not an Elephant expert so this is a guess. On the other hand, yes, they might just have a poo where they like and walk away swishing their trunk :tickled:

Full blown Jesus loving Christian. I love you guys, I respect this earth and all those in it and I pray that you guys see the light before Christ returns! Thanks and God bless! :)

I don't base myself around religion. It's more relationship than anything. We should strengthen each other, when we fall short! That's how I live my life! Thinking about the consequences and discernment, you really think upon yourself to be a better person. Take this for example, Brian Welch from Korn.

Also this has so much impact on me, because this is how life should be. ABR-Meddler

This moment will too pass us by.
It's this notion inside all of us to prioritize through our selfish eyes.
To be the bull behind the rampage, the reason for all the riot.
We'll feed our flame before wasting time on everyone else's, with more problems and less pride.
We'll feed our flame before wasting time on everyone else's, the gallows were not supposed to look like this.
Oh God, we live in misery, lying here in desperation.
We need you here more than anything right now...right now.
If everything's relative, then why the emptiness in our souls?
If everything's relative, then why the emptiness in our souls?
Trying to untie the knot we thought we were untying our entire lives, we're busied up and burnt out..
Everyone together, we will strengthen ourselves.
We will.... Because now we know you won't ever fly fast enough to make time stand still.
You won't ever fly fast enough to make time stand still.
Stop, listen, and learn. Stop, listen, and learn.
Stop, listen, and learn.
Stop, listen, and learn.
Stop, listen, and learn.
Stop, listen, and learn.

Last edited:
I'm not religious or atheist; my opinion lies in between. It's related to the idea of the simulation hypothesis but more general. Since we will likely soon have the computing power to create simulations indistinguishable from reality [something I believe will happen] and most likely artificial life/intelligence [something I also believe will occur], we will therefore in one way or another be the creators or "Gods" if you want to call it of those realities. "God(s)" or creator(s) defined as the entity that created the reality and possibly controls it. Working backwards from that logic I believe its very likely for us to be the product of a creator too. Whether we are computer simulations or something of the like is irregardless. I believe us to be the creation of something, and I do not claim to know at all what that is or they are. I just very much believe it to be the case thus I have to reject atheism.

All religion is man-made.

this ^^^ is my view here
also living in "the buckle of the bible-belt"
so i keep getting these dumb-ass Christians who say that "intelligent design has been proven" but then follow this with saying that "intelligent design proves Jesus"

this is of-course totally stupid and here's why
if you firmly believe "intelligent design has been proven" then, at that point, the question of the identity of the designer becomes an issue

to walk around saying that "intelligent design proves Jesus" is like saying this watch here on my wrist couldn't have made itself, the watch had to have a designer, therefore this watch must be a Rolex, but what if it isn't, what if that watch is a Timex, or a Bulova, or a made exclusively for Walmart watch??
The dumb-ass Christians then try to "explain" this paradox away by saying that all the non-Christian religions are the result of "Satan trying to get us to go to Hell"

this gets frustrating when i have to explain to Christians that my friends are actually polytheistic pagans who get offended when their religion is mixed up with the dudes that are actually "Luciferian"
also
the guys who practice Anton LaVay's Satanism actually get offended getting mixed up with Wiccans because true "Satan Worship" is actually antithetical to the Wiccan Rede