• Philosophy

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Humanism/Autodeism

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 12 35.3%

• Total voters
I'm Pagan as well but more of the Celtic variety

Same here, more or less. Though I tend towards the more Grecian "philosophical" perspective on religion etc.

(Well, I tend towards the more "philosophical" perspective on everything, in a way.. ;))

I'm a Christian and I've loved metal music for many reasons but mainly due to its energy and talent. There is so much an artist can do with metal music. Though these days I'm not into much music except when I'm driving and my taste from drive to drive vary.

Kinda makes you wonder why the survey did not include Christianity? Hum? I guess the majority "Other" on the list say it all. If metal seeks to discriminate against Christians then metal will undoubtedly cease to be a form of music. Contrary to what liberals say, Christianity in America is still the majority despite all the mass brainwashing programs liberals have out there to slowly transform a Christian into a radical atheist or an occultist. I have already predicted that liberals won't learn their lesson until their big loss in 2024 which will end up wiping them out of money and sending them back underground where their movement belongs! I believe my prediction will come true. This open hatred for Christianity will not win here in America like it does over in Europe.

Trump wins the next election and his successor wins in 2024 and then its over for this radical hatred against Christianity. The progressives are too evil and mean spirited to win anymore major elections.

The poll groups multiple religions into single options because of the forum's 10 option limit. Like it or not, Christianity comes under the Abrahamism option, but apparently no Christians have figured that out yet.

The poll groups multiple religions into single options because of the forum's 10 option limit. Like it or not, Christianity comes under the Abrahamism option, but apparently no Christians have figured that out yet.

i vaguely remember someone trying to claim that the "God of Abraham" wasn't actually "The Father of Jesus" and that somehow 2 (or 20) different religions got somehow merged together...

Christians are people who go by the name of Christians and nothing else. We don't go by Abrahamic religion which is why Christians will no doubt vote "Other" like I did. We are not Jews nor do we consider Islam anything holy. So why would Christians want to vote vaguely? One would think that in a nation where Christianity is the most followed worldview there would have been a Christian option. Just saying...

Christianity is an Abrahamic faith. You only get so many options and the OP was trying to include as many things as possible. Furthermore the point of a thread is that you vote for something maybe a bit vague and then you elaborate in the comment area.

:rofl: Catholic, Orthodox, Protestant, Presbyterian... some of whom might be just as offended to be lumped into the same category with each other.
When it comes to basic doctrine they all agree (or should agree if indeed they are Christians). Prime example of basic doctrine: The globular shape of the earth in the Bible. Now these rainbow churches are not real Christian churches. I know this because I know both doctrine and ancient orthodox tradition and how all these denominations arose. I'm an Anglican so I am both Protestant and Catholic. This happens when you side with the early Protestant reformation lead by Luther and Tyndale but reject the Puritan Protestant movement as being too extreme.

And you actually believe all these goons? You should learn how to stand on your own two feet and think for yourself instead of following youtube as if its somehow perfect knowledge. These goons are nothing and get refuted on a daily basis. They are refuted right here on this topic as I have provided loads of information proving beyond all shadow of a doubt that the Bible teaches globe earth. But these goons that you trust and follow are given erroneous information handed down by atheists who made allegations about the Biblical teachings which are refuted right here. Evolution is a lie which empowers nothing but the most greedy and corrupt minds. In evolution theory there are no morals and values. Try to live that way and see how far you get, and then picture an entire society living without any morals and all the chaos that comes from it. Evolution theory can be discredited by morality alone. Mankind must have morals in order to sustain a civil society. This is human nature. God is the Law Giver as we are made in the image and likeness of God and not in the imagine and likeness of the beasts (referring to the wild kingdom). Mankind may have fallen into a sinful state but there still is that side that needs God which is why by nature we follow laws which are natural to our creation. If evolution were to be true than humanity would have never thought about religion nor could Christianity have ever accomplished anything. If lawlessness is the law then only the strongest and most brutal and mighty rule -- and this being a universal collective fact with no exceptions. But there are many exceptions which prove evolution is not true. We do not live by this collective oneness of thought like we all should if indeed we are byproducts of millions of years of biological evolution and survival of the fittest. But how does compassion survive the fittest? Where does love come in, or is that just a chemical reaction that is relative?

Regardless, it's Abrahamic.

But you do not understand. Just because something is Abrahamic does not make it all one. Christianity is not Judaism even though it came from Judaism. Islam is the antithesis to both Judaism and Christianity. So why would a Christian click a box that make make him out to be a muslim? Why not just have a reasonable mind and realize that Christianity makes up the majority of the population and many people here on this forum may indeed be Christians. Sounds much easier to me.

Blurry_Dreams - pardon me as we are not on the Flat Earth topic and I made a comment saying we were. I just clicked my notifications and made the wrong assumption I was on the other topic. Though that topic does refute all atheistic skepticism regarding the shape of the earth. So if atheists don't know the shape of the earth from the Bible, how can they be trusted with things that require greater learning and attention spans?

But you do not understand. Just because something is Abrahamic does not make it all one. Christianity is not Judaism even though it came from Judaism. Islam is the antithesis to both Judaism and Christianity. So why would a Christian click a box that make make him out to be a muslim? Why not just have a reasonable mind and realize that Christianity makes up the majority of the population and many people here on this forum may indeed be Christians. Sounds much easier to me.

Nobody said it was all one, just like nobody would say all European religions pre-Christianity are the same even though it's useful to label it all as paganism for the purpose of a topic poll which only allows you to offer a certain number of choices. There's a choice in there that just says "Asian religion" so stop being so selectively outraged.

1. Paganism (European religion)

First off, paganism today is not European religion as not all Europeans are pagans. In fact, there are centuries of Christianity in Europe which paved the way for modern civilization which includes music and vocal theory which makes record labels money.

2. Satanism (all LHP religions)

Ok. Fine with this one.

3. Abrahamism

Better might have been to say Monotheism. But a more accurate way would just be listing Judaism, Christianity, and Islam since Islam is so separate from Judaism and Christianity. Islam is not even a monotheistic religion! Its a monist death cult just as the Third Reich was also a monist death cult. Charles Manson was also a monist. Seems like monism and murderers go hand and hand. But yeah, I wish people would get into the habit of placing Islam in monism since the plagiarized source texts which made up Qur'an 5:110 demand it.

4. Asian religion (including Hindu)

Here again, not all Asians are Hindu. This assumes people are Hindu based on the location of their birth. But there are many Chritians and muslims throughout Asia as well as atheists etc., etc.

5. Atheism

Fine with this one.

6. Deism

Fine with this one.

7. Pantheism

Pantheism is paganism. In fact, it would be easy to sum up all pagan religions under pantheism, including atheism which derived all its views from ancient pantheists.

8. Philosophy

Not very defined since Philosophy covers a wide spectrum of thought in which even Christian have been Philosophers.

9. Humanism/Autodeism

This should go under Satanism as LaVeyan Satanism covers both the humanism and Autodeistic Philosophy.

All religions have taxons that can be simplified.

In fact, monism could be fairly labeled as Satanism since both the Left Hand Path and Right Hand Path rely on monist thought for their teachings. This would also include Islam in Satanism along with Naziism. Excluding monism from the occult is exceedingly rare, more rare than finding someone who claims to be the Middle Path of the occult. I have seen both sides of the occult heavily rely on monism.

First off, paganism today is not European religion as not all Europeans are pagans. In fact, there are centuries of Christianity in Europe which paved the way for modern civilization which includes music and vocal theory which makes record labels money.

It's not implying that all Europeans are pagans, at all. It's referring to European folklore pre-Christianity.

Here again, not all Asians are Hindu. This assumes people are Hindu based on the location of their birth. But there are many Chritians and muslims throughout Asia as well as atheists etc., etc.

Here again, it's not implying that all Asians are Hindu or even that only Asians are Hindu, but merely that Hinduism came from Asia.

Pantheism is paganism. In fact, it would be easy to sum up all pagan religions under pantheism, including atheism which derived all its views from ancient pantheists.

Atheism derives all its views from ancient pantheists? Firstly, what views? Secondly, that doesn't mean atheism is a form of pantheism just because it is influenced by ancient Greek and Roman philosophers, which is what I assume you're referring to.

This should go under Satanism as LaVeyan Satanism covers both the humanism and Autodeistic Philosophy.

Why would humanism and autotheism go under something as specific as LaVeyan Satanism? That's idiotic, if anything LaVeyan Satanism should go under humanism and autotheism.

Those are all very well, but maybe the poll creator was interested enough in the distinctions to separate them. If you ever start a poll on any topic, you can arrange it how you like to find out the information you're interested in. That's all this is.

Do you see throwing tantrums as being an essential part of "being a Christian in the metal world"?

Reactions: CiG