Religion

Jayde

Risparmiarme
Nov 19, 2001
Oklahoma
I am almost certain that this has been done. But I was inspired by an earlier conversation with a priest:heh:

so, God, no God? Satan? Alla(sp)? Bast? Gaea? What do you believe in?

I'm personally an Athiest. A deity would have to smack me in the face with a lightening bolt before I'd believe in it/her/him.

::waits for lightning::

Is there a way to close a thread? Religion threads tend to stick to the top and become at least five pages long...
Shit I'm just bringing this thread to the top... call me stupid

isn't an athiest a person who doesn't believe in anything?

i believe in everything.... maybe i'm just naïve :cry:

thanks hehe... typo :p

I believe in nothing. Not just expect to be proven mistaken, i just think that life is pointless that all we do in life has no real meaning that death takes away all we hold dear and erases memories and no matter what you do you will never cheat death, to me the emptiness in death is so big it consumes all life until there is no real happiness, memories die the moment we die and present leaves no significance past the memories wich you know will die eventually. Self conciousness is the worst punishment a person who believes nothing can have. Because you know nothing in your life matters, nothing is meaningfull, is all just memories that die with you, nothing you acomplish is worth anything because even if you feel good about it it dies with you, it all goes away. I wish i was not aware of all this but once you are there is no going back, but like Sascha Vykos said "Fear is no longer my way". There is no point in caring about this, there is no point in philosophy, nihilsm denies ifself making it worthless, thats why i never talk or think about it nothing will came out of worring.

Originally posted by Misanthrope
I believe in nothing. Not just expect to be proven mistaken, i just think that life is pointless that all we do in life has no real meaning that death takes away all we hold dear and erases memories and no matter what you do you will never cheat death, to me the emptiness in death is so big it consumes all life until there is no real happiness, memories die the moment we die and present leaves no significance past the memories wich you know will die eventually. Self conciousness is the worst punishment a person who believes nothing can have. Because you know nothing in your life matters, nothing is meaningfull, is all just memories that die with you, nothing you acomplish is worth anything because even if you feel good about it it dies with you, it all goes away. I wish i was not aware of all this but once you are there is no going back, but like Sascha Vykos said "Fear is no longer my way". There is no point in caring about this, there is no point in philosophy, nihilsm denies ifself making it worthless, thats why i never talk or think about it nothing will came out of worring.

I'm an Atheist, and I thought like that once. I'm quite aware of the inevitabilty of death and the futility of life. However, I'm actually glad that I'm aware of what's awating me, because being aware of death makes me more appreciative of life. In a sense, I like to think I should try to live every day as if it were my last, because it very well may be.

I share your consern, but I'm an optomist.

Originally posted by Misanthrope

i used to think the same way, but then i became agnostic.
i'm not going to pretend i know what happens when we die, or anything else for that matter ;).
it feels better, not being so negative all the time...

Originally posted by godisanathiest
My cats breath smells of cat food :D

yes Ralph, are you eating your paste?

anyway best quote from Big Lebowski (only works with the voice): hey Lebowski, i cut of your Johnson.

anyway courts/judges don't believe someones guilty without proof, yet so many people believe in God, and your proof please...