Religious Beliefs.....

Mischievous

Jun 24, 2002
Sweden
Today I had a class about theory of religious beliefs....and my teacher said that every man need to believe at something "superior"......:eek:
The question: Do you have some kind of religion??? and why????:confused:

We have to consider that to talk about religion it implies to talk about some kind of god.....
Personally ... I don`t believe in god...and I don`t have religion...I just believe in my rebel spirit....and in my survival`s instinct....:Smokedev:

I'm with you on this Mischievous, I don't believe in a supreme being, there may be some gods out there, but they are certainly nothing compared to the mighty Thanatos.

Tu maestro es un asno

Originally posted by Thanatos
I'm with you on this Mischievous, I don't believe in a supreme being, there may be some gods out there, but they are certainly nothing compared to the mighty Thanatos.

Tu maestro es un asno

Don`t forget the Mighty Quetzalcoatll....:worship:

No, the only god in which i belief is myself... i am my own "superior".

Concerning Religion: I think that there are some things men simply cannot know, religion is just an ridicoulus attempt to explain those things.

I don't believe in organized religion of any kind... none of the major religions, none of the little cults that seem to be spreading like diseases.
Now, no one can prove that god exists... but no one can prove it (yes, it - no reason why it should be a "he") doesn't... so I'll just remain open to both possibilities...

I believe in the possibilty of a god, just not a god I know. Ppl believe in what they believe just don't shove it down my throat.

I'll add this, but I don't know why.
Brother In Law: What do you believe in?
Mother In Law: He's Anglican!!!
Weapon X: :rolleyes: Not religious!!! Thank you!!!

I don't believe in organized religion but I do believe in god
there's a big difference there
I just don't pray to that god or ask for favors or anything like that,I just demand stuff and threaten it
:lol:

You've opened the Pandora's Box Mischevious... :devil:

I've done a lot of reading and soul searching of my own, and hundreds and hundreds of hours of specualtion with countless numbers of friends when I was younger... it's given me quite a bit to form my own basis on WHY... For the record, as to modern organized religion, I'm agnotstic. Of course, if I'm shown the truth, I would probably believe it.

I believe in myself, but I also believe in a living universe as pretty much a life in itself, but without any "awareness"... if there is any entity that might be omnipotent or supreme, its only a byproduct of the universe, and not the creator of it... only one of a number of unique beings, not really much different than any of us, as in that when the cycle of the universe is over, they are over as well.

As for being one true entity that's all encompasing or all controlling... I certainly don't believe. Even if there was, we would have no clue as to what such a being would be like, or even start to comprehend, and certainly no text of a few hundred pages would be even enough to explain such a beings most insignificant ideals, let alone try to influence such an insignificant race as we are in the grand scale of things...

Religous people drive me nuts. Some people study theology for years on end, and they try to find the meaning of God and the teachings of Jesus. As a historical document, it's shaky at best. As a devine message, it has no meaning. Imagine reading a work of Shakespeare, and trying to process it, and put it into the context so an ant or gnat could understand it. That's not any different than having some devine being trying to imply it's most simple desire to any of us... even if they tried, we wouldn't be able to comprehend.

We're just here, there is no real purpose, and when you die, all the energies that are you return back to the universe... For some people that thought is quite scary. Some need the hope that if they're good in life, there's a nice happy afterlife a man with a book who'll let you pass thru the pearly gates to join all your friends and family.

Geez, I could go on for hours and hours... lol. Too bad we couldn't all hang out in the same room and chat about it. I always find it interesting to hear other's ideals of what it's "all about." I don't like talking to people who are mostly brainwashed by any particular sect of some faith, because that's mostly programming, as opposed to genuine thought, reason and foundation for a belief of one's self. If someone wants to be a part of it, I don't hold them against it. Everyone needs SOMETHING to believe in...

theoretical physics... scientific spritualism... particles with a spin of 1/2 or 2... perception of time, warped space... solid matter is mostly empty space... another pandora's box.

"Life is a dream is as life as a dream..." one of my older sayings...

I do not belive in any God, at least not at this point in my life, and if a God does not apear infront of my during my life time, I dont think I ever will...

Most things in the major religions can be proven wrong, so I feel its kind of difficult to belive in something you know is incorrect...!