Religious Beliefs.....

I am an Asatru, and my gods aren´t actually godforms; arrogant gods of denial and hypocrisy as the Chrstian Jehovah is... They represents aspects of human abillities and the golden virtues of mortal life on this state of conciousness....

Originally posted by ~UlvedaL~
I am an Asatru, and my gods aren´t actually godforms; arrogant gods of denial and hypocrisy as the Chrstian Jehovah is... They represents aspects of human abillities and the golden virtues of mortal life on this state of conciousness....

this is what i find interesting about some older polytheistic religions....and this is why i get annoyed when people from organized monotheistic religions label people who follow polytheistic religions as idolaters and other "polite" labels...
The idea of one powerful god doesn't really cover me....but this is my personal belief.I understand some people have the need to believe in god and I respect this as long as they don't bug me or consider me as some kind of lesser human....
Personally i don't feel the need to believe in a god...religion doesn't interest me,i prefer to be free in my way of thinking...I guess that maybe under other circumstances i could be a pagan or sth...who knows...

Personally, I believe that there is a supreme being, but my finite mind can't comprehend who, how, why, or what "it" is.

My personal view on everything from Christianity to Wicca to Satanism to Devil Worship (there is a difference) to Heathenism, to Buddhism, etc. is that no matter what religion you are...if you preach how others are wrong in their beliefs, you are a hypocrite, just like the hypocrisy you are rebelling against. It's a vicious circle. Christians who down others for their beliefs are wrong. Atheists who down others for their beliefs are wrong. Satanists who down others for their beliefs are wrong.

Live your life the best way you can, and stop worrying about who's wrong and who's right. It's people like Varg Vikernes that give alternative religions a bad name, because he changes his mind like his underwear on what or whom he wants to worship. At least Jesus freaks stick to their convictions, although it's just the lesser of two evils.

Originally posted by Hearse
:lol: That really maked me crack up :lol:

We all know theres no god, but...
There is Goddess, named... ;)
Tyra Banks?
But anyway, I would like to quote Doc from one of the "Back to the future" movies:
"Faith is something you have when you don't have proof".
I don't see why I should follow something that someone is dictating, whether it's christianity, buddhism, satanism or whatever it is. I think man has simply evolved to a point where they can think for themselves unlike animals who rely on instincts. When you have a mind of your own, why take dictations from a religion? Man has so much science that I find religion kind of useless. It's a fact that man has evolved from apes and all the stuff that Darwin said, so why should I believe that God created man on the sixth day and all that stuff?
When I was a metal head 5-6 years ago I got into northern mytology and thought it was really cool, but I can't really identify myself with it now. I don't think it really "works" these days. I can't really see how I could believe that there are people living in the sky and they come to the earth over a rainbow and that thunder is created by Thor who swings his hammer because he's angry.
I also feel that it needs to be mentioned that if I hadn't been a black metal head I would never had gotten into that stuff. I'd never really been interested in that stuff, until I started listening to black metal and all those bands liked it. This was as much a dictation as well. Maybe it was just me who didn't have a strong enough mind of my own and I just jumped on the wagon 'cause my favorite bands said it was cool! I didn't really have a mind of my own, I just took the dictations that were being told. I think it's kind of the same in christianity, satanism, buddhism and so on. When I look back at how I was back then I think it's kind of corny and it's not something that I look at with pride. I don't really think I should be proud of falling for some bands' dictations of how to think. I consider myself stronger now (like Britney Spears :D )and I don't fall for things like that so easy anymore.
As I said, I believe in a free mind for everybody and I won't take dictations anymore!