The great and all powerful religion thread!

cookiecutter

Proceed to Ultraslamming
Feb 10, 2006
Toronto ON
slam-minded.blogspot.com
Well since we have a political thread, I thought why not make one about religion. I also thought the thread title was a little more fitting.

Anyway I'll start off with two simple questions. What do you believe and why do you believe that?

I am an atheist and I don't believe in god or other religious claims because there is simply no supporting evidence to back those claims up. To me it's like believing in Santa or fairies. I can't make myself do it even if I wanted to.

I'm agnostic. I believe that there is the possibility of there being a god, as well as the possibility that there isn't, but I have seen no evidence that any idea is proven. I don't have the faith to truly be a religious person, yet I don't have the trust in modern day science to be sure that evolution and the big bang and such are truly proven.

You stole my fucking title.

I am also a agnostic although human devotion to christian religion makes me closer to atheist. I don't believe in god and I don't want to. Besides you can't prove that something doesn't exists. I guess I'm more atheist then. No one will convince me to take bible miracles seriously.

I'm an atheist. I believe it's possible that there are beings "greater" than us, but not in a deity-like sense. If these beings exist I don't think they'd care one way or another if we believed in them or worshipped them. Kinda like the relationship we have with the micoscopic creatures that live on our bodies.

I'm a recently converted atheist. I was brought up catholic, baptized, confirmed, even taught confirmation for a year, and about six or seven months ago, I did a complete 180. as I grow more rational and whatever, the more I disgaree with the concept of God and religion.

No, I am an atheist because I believe that god would prevent wars, crimes, murders etc. I saw on youtube a commercial about a dvd called "The god that wasn't there", wonder how they proved that Jesus wasn't real. Maybe deism is a correct religion view.

No, I am an atheist because I believe that god would prevent wars, crimes, murders etc. I saw on youtube a commercial about a dvd called "The god that wasn't there", wonder how they proved that Jesus wasn't real. Maybe deism is a correct religion view.

That DVD isn't very good. I agree with much of what the guy says but he's bitter about being a Christian for some many years. The film comes across as his revenge on Christianity because he's exposing it for what it really is, and he doesn't do that good a job of it. It's more like a rant than a well reasoned argument.

Like most here, I'm agnostic. It seems completely logical to me, because there is no way to prove the existence or God, and there is also no way to disprove the existence of God. Sure, I think it is possible that "supernatural" beings and forces exist, but there is no concrete evidence of it.

I am a Christian. Pretty much fundamentalist, evangelical I suppose (assuming that means I believe in the Bible as the authority of the Christian faith). I was raised Hippy, then Christian. Then I went Stoner, then Christian on my own.

There are many reasons I believe in Christianity. Some have to do with personal experience, some with logical thinking, some with the accuracy of the Bible on so many levels.

I am a Christian. Pretty much fundamentalist, evangelical I suppose (assuming that means I believe in the Bible as the authority of the Christian faith). I was raised Hippy, then Christian. Then I went Stoner, then Christian on my own.

There are many reasons I believe in Christianity. Some have to do with personal experience, some with logical thinking, some with the accuracy of the Bible on so many levels.

Metal score was: 299/1000
Metal score is now: -100/1000