remastered "in the Nightside Eclipse"

SoundMaster

Jan 20, 2002
"the flower & willow world"
Visit site
A few years back, a remastered version of the Emperor classic was released. Does anyone have it? I'm sure I already know the answer, but can anyone tell me whether, or not, the sound is improved over the original?

The album could really use a remix, but that wouldn't be trOO enough to some, I guess.

I have the 2004 release. I don't think I've heard the original. In general I find that remasters often don't offer too much of an improvement anyway. ITNE still sounds much more raw than any later Emperor works. I remember reading that the old release didn't have a good drum mix (only ride cymbal is audible). The drums are balanced on the version I've heard. Bass is still a buzz, not very clear. If you're contemplating a purchase, you get the Gypsy (Mercyful Fate) and A Fine Day to Die (Bathory) covers, which are both pretty great. There's 10-15 minutes of video footage too, which is rather cool.

I love the remaster version ... and love their cover of Bathory's A Fine Day to Die ... not crazy about the cover of Gypsy but because its not a song i like much...

if you're expecting it to suddenly turn into fucking abyss studios prod because someone put a god damn limiter and maybe a graphic EQ somewhere between the master tape and the cd press then you are going to be disappointed

basically it sounds like nightside sounds