Removing POD XT Knobs?

Matt Smith

THEOCRACY
Jun 11, 2004
Athens, GA
www.theocracymusic.com
Hi Guys--
My cat knocked my POD XT off the table and it won't work anymore. I opened it up, and it looks like one side of the input jack has come off the board and needs to be re-soldered. In order to solder it, I need to take the board out, but in order to do this I have to remove the knobs. The "scrolling" knobs popped right off, but the tone knobs aren't coming off and I don't want to break anything. Has anyone ever taken them off? If so, got any clues?

Thanks,

send it to me.. ill send you an 808 back with 300 well concealed cash for that jacked up 5150 "thing"

smithy. i still do have an interest in that 5050.. (it is missing a digit).

THe knobs should come off fairly easily. I had to take mine apart before to change the screen after it got scratched and all was fine

Matt Smith said:
Hi Guys--
My cat knocked my POD XT off the table and it won't work anymore. I opened it up, and it looks like one side of the input jack has come off the board and needs to be re-soldered. In order to solder it, I need to take the board out, but in order to do this I have to remove the knobs. The "scrolling" knobs popped right off, but the tone knobs aren't coming off and I don't want to break anything. Has anyone ever taken them off? If so, got any clues?

Thanks,

AHAHAHH DUDE !!

the exact SAME THING HAPPENEND !!!! overhere yesterday.
my podxt worked no more !! but here's the deal.
i got it to my guitar tech yesterday and he just pulled of all the knobs, then the screws and openen it and solded !! and it was done again. just pull of the knobs