Replace Milano...

Originally posted by Lord Darkness
I wasn't comparing their size smart ass. They were not the best of friends yet they managed to get together again.

//LD

You initiated the "smartass" part by referring to KISS as "gay," so don't come whining when someone replies with a smart ass comment. And yes, we are all entitled to our opinions, so if you think KISS is gay, that is fine. However, once you voice an opinion you must be willing to take some heat for it.

Originally posted by TD

You initiated the "smartass" part by referring to KISS as "gay," so don't come whining when someone replies with a smart ass comment. And yes, we are all entitled to our opinions, so if you think KISS is gay, that is fine. However, once you voice an opinion you must be willing to take some heat for it.

Like I said, I wasn't referring to their size, you started mumbling about stadiums and bandprojects. And besides, S.O.D. might have been a project, but Speak English or Die has sold more than any record with Danny or Billy. It almost even equals the best selling Anthrax titles. So I think you not only misunderstood my point, you're on shallow ground as well.

And about me taking heat, just bring it on if you feel like it. I'm not easily offended, and I really think Kiss is overrated and Gay. I saw them in the 70's and I saw the reunion show at Donington, good for a show, but meak overall. Like you said, it's opinions. I like Immortal, so you can flame me for that. ;)

//LD

Originally posted by nafnikufesin

Spoken like a true fan. Please tell me you're not joining the street team. :)

What is a true fan to you? Following a band blindly and swallowing everything they do?

I'm a true Anthrax fan. I've seen them lots of times back in the day. Some of their record rates amongst my favourite albums. I even have massive Anthrax collection.

The reason I wrote that is Charlie has said that the new record is going to sound like Volume 8, and I can't stand that album (and most people I know feel that way about it). They always moan about how poorly it sold because of the bad distro. That's not the case in here though. I saw it everywhere when it came out, would have been enough to satisfy the need of the Anthrax followers anyway. But people listened to it, got disappointed, and put it back in the shelf. It's all over the place in used recordshops these days. So it's disappointing to hear Charlie say that, after Scott initially got me all fired up talking about the old times and how this would be a return to THE RIFFING. Strap on my old school sounds like a promising title, I'll give them that.

I'm not judging the record until I've bought it (yes I'm going to buy it anyway, but that's just because I'm a collector). But I'm sceptical. If it sounds like Vol. 8, my prediction is that it is going to flop. Easy as that. I know (thru polls and threads here) that you guys are mostly into the new stuff, I respect that. But some of us has been around longer, and only dig the old-school, like it or not.

One of the reasons S.O.D. came back was the weak sales of Anthrax at the time. Do you think they would have taken their time to do S.O.D. if Stomp 442 or Vol. 8 sold a million each (like White noise did)???

So my comments are neither taken out of the blue or there mearly to upset you.

//LD

OK, since LD saw KISS in the 70's his opinions are valid with me!! Seriously LD, KISS only went thru Europe on a short run in 1976, did you catch that tour, or did you catch the KISS 1980 tour with Eric Carr. If you saw the Destroyer 1976 tour you have earned the name lord in book.

Lord Darkness....I can promise you, that you have not been around longer than I......I actually bought Fistfull of Metal the month that it came out through mail order. How anyone who claims that the newer releases by Anthrax are not PURE fucking metal are just complete dumbasses......I can't even fathom how any metal fan can state that they don't like the newer stuff as well as the old stuff.

I am not mostly into the newer stuff....I love the old stuff, from fistful on, as well. Do us a favor and cut your mullet and realize that Anthrax, as a band, are stronger and more talented than they have EVER been.

By the way....doesn't this Mr. Mosh smell.....alot like a fat, whiney, unemployed frontman for a once mighty side project of the past and present members of Anthrax????? Nothing better to do today Billy????

Originally posted by Armored Thrax
Lord Darkness....I can promise you, that you have not been around longer than I......I actually bought Fistfull of Metal the month that it came out through mail order. How anyone who claims that the newer releases by Anthrax are not PURE fucking metal are just complete dumbasses......I can't even fathom how any metal fan can state that they don't like the newer stuff as well as the old stuff.

I am not mostly into the newer stuff....I love the old stuff, from fistful on, as well. Do us a favor and cut your mullet and realize that Anthrax, as a band, are stronger and more talented than they have EVER been.

Like I said. I respect your opinion, although I do not agree with it.
I did not buy Fistful thru mailorder, but I've been around.

Originally posted by Armored Thrax

By the way....doesn't this Mr. Mosh smell.....alot like a fat, whiney, unemployed frontman for a once mighty side project of the past and present members of Anthrax????? Nothing better to do today Billy????

You are not only stupid & gay, you are fucking paranoid as well. Get real.

//LD

Trust me Lord......it was Billy. I got his reply in my email, which was very quickly removed from this board. It is a shame it has gotten bad between him and the other guys....but I assure you, it was him spewing his negativity and racism.

By the way....I was just kidding about the mullet. Any respectable metal head has had a mullet at one time or another and is proud to say it. Me included.

I still believe that Anthrax is stronger talent wise then they have ever been and this new release is going to prove it. Have you heard John Bush's vocals on Armored Saint's "Revelation" and the new songs on "Nod to the Old School"? His voice has never sounded heavier and better.......can't wait to hear his voice backed by the wall of heaviness that is Anthrax.

Stalker.... I still have my Fistful of Metal LP and it is my only copy. I have been looking for a copy on CD to no avail.

Its Friday and Life is Good !!!

Ok, I misunderstood you A-Thrax, I thought you meant that I was Billy writing under a psudo. So sorry about that.

You are right about Busg as well, but a good voice alone doesn't make great music (look at Celine Dion! :D).

And what about you not being able to find Fistful on CD? It's allover the place...? You should head over to Aces Records (or are they online only these days?)!

//LD