Represent

Allan

New Metal Member
Jun 22, 2003
Copenhagen
Visit site
"went to see fairenheit 9/11. it is a shocking film. george W bush and his daddys buddies are the biggets crooks ever! the world is so unjust. i left the cinema in a very sinister mood. a must see. made me think of the lovely anders fogh rasmussen,the danish prime minister. he is equally evil, compared to danish scale i would say even worse and he, that little uncultivated demagog he, is ruining denmark. denmark, one of the richest countrys in the world, now has the toughest immigration policy in europe,the goverment has cut in our support to the undeveloped countrys, they have passed almost every significant law with the DISGUSTINGLY xenofobic dansk folkeparti, they have privatised, they have closed many important INDEPENDANT institutes, they even tried to close the dansih center for human rights ( sweden actually provocativly volantereed to house the center in there! ), they have tried to shot up everyone w alternate oppinions to their own, calling them culture radicals, and even made accusations that the dansih national tv was leftwinged.

THE RIGHT WING REPRESENTS THE DARK SIDE OF HUMAN NATURE, and it is important to oppse them."

Taken from http://www.mewsite.com/site_fr.html .

So what do you think, should musicians use their status to air statements like this, I mean get mixed up in politics?

I agree whole-heartedly with the above, but it's not like Mew has any special background that makes them proper political role models, or whatever. Might end up like the Christiania mess, biggest fashion thing in Denmark these days is shirts saying "save Christiania", I've made it a point to ask every person I see wearing one, why they wanna save Christiania, about 10% give a just mildly relevant answer, and half of them start off saying it's just a shirt, I need too be spared the idiocy. Oh, but that was beside the point, what do you think of musicians making radical political statements through a band website?

You should remember that the document is not the truth - just one side of the things. I'm not great fan of George W. but it is more because of his politics in the USA and not in the outside countries..Conservative and everything.

At the moment France is doing everything to prevent other countries interrupting the situation in Sudan. Arabs killing black people you know. And it's all because of french oil deals..

edit. Oh and let the bands to comment whatever they want. Usually they don't know shit about anything but personally I think it's all about freedom of speech.

Allan said:
THE RIGHT WING REPRESENTS THE DARK SIDE OF HUMAN NATURE, and it is important to oppse them."

Spot on. :D

Allan said:
So what do you think, should musicians use their status to air statements like this, I mean get mixed up in politics?

I don't believe that you have to have a "special background" to voice your opinion. Hell, if I were a rock star, I'd corrupt innocent young minds with my political ideas as much as possible. Most musicians don't want politics mixed up with their art though, don't know why, might scare of some buyers I guess.

Palmer Eldritch said:
I don't believe that you have to have a "special background" to voice your opinion. Hell, if I were a rock star, I'd corrupt innocent young minds with my political ideas as much as possible. Most musicians don't want politics mixed up with their art though, don't know why, might scare of some buyers I guess.
Musicians are wankers, dont believe anything they say. Oh, except Lemmy and Cronos.
As for corrupting innocent minds, it seldom goes further than little twats copying soundbytes or lines they've heard/read in interviews and not knowing what they mean.
This girl once gave me a lecture about how cruel I was to her, bla bla bla. It was a Sunday, just before the Eastenders omnibus. Then, as if by magic, Sharon gave exactly the same lecture to one of them skinhead fellers. Word for word.
Soundbytes galore.
Anyway.... bollocks.
insomniac.jpg

Her hands are red and raw. She hides them in her lap or behind her back. But still, she wonders if they really are clean. "I did touch the door knob, not with my hands, of course, with my sleeve. But now I've touched my sleeve." She needs to wash her hands again.

Might end up like the Christiania mess, biggest fashion thing in Denmark these days is shirts saying "save Christiania", I've made it a point to ask every person I see wearing one, why they wanna save Christiania, about 10% give a just mildly relevant answer, and half of them start off saying it's just a shirt, I need too be spared the idiocy. Oh, but that was beside the point, what do you think of musicians making radical political statements through a band website?

what's happening in christiania then? the lake is fun there.

siderea said:
what's happening in christiania then? the lake is fun there.

Same right wing guvernment is trying to shut it down. Evil tonguesa say it's because of all them fashionable building sites there. I don't know, of all the things that guvernment has done, its aggressive politics to stop the illegality of Christiania is one of the things that can piss me off the least, only real reason anyone except the Christianites are pissed is it makes it harder to buy hash, and the christianites are fucking hypocrites, trying to save their property-taxless, cannabis-selling.sponsored luxury by clinging to mighty paroles that long ceased to have any real mportance in Christiania. How about wearing shirts opposing the guvernment cutting third world aid pretty much all they could in a short 3 year period (they even aired the possibility of using money from the aid budget for the military campaign in Iraq), same time their tightening immigration laws beyond any human standard.
They waste loads in bureaucracy in carrying out tax reductions in the middle of they year as a last second attempt at winning forthcoming election. And on and on.

Strangelight said:
Musicians are wankers, dont believe anything they say. Oh, except Lemmy and Cronos.

"The only chick i could fall in love with is Kate Bush.I love her totally.I cried at her gig at the Sunderland Empire a few years ago,then walked home30 miles with my head in the clouds."
-Cronos
"There are two tracks on Black Metal that we had to record more than once because we were getting them right all the time!"
-Cronos

:worship: You're right! You're right!

musicians are artists, and artists are, supposedly, the intellectuals of a society...be it a writer, director, or a musician...in my opinion, it is almost the duty of an intellectual to voice its opinion on certain topics...including politics. thats the true spirit.

now, i dont agree with all of the opinions that are being voiced, but it's necessary that everyone gets to hear them. think about the hippy era...joan baez, jefferson airplane or bob dylan. how about bob dylan's "hurricane"?

i dont believe that everyone has to be opinionated and should add their thoughts and views into their art, but when someone does that and it's good, one should respect it. or at least hear it.

"it is almost the duty of an intellectual to voice its opinion on certain topics...including politics. thats the true spirit."

problem is most intellectuals arent half as clever or informed as they like to think, hence most of their opinions are bollox, read a few of dem opinion piece newspaper columns and weep

Palmer Eldritch said:
"The only chick i could fall in love with is Kate Bush.I love her totally.I cried at her gig at the Sunderland Empire a few years ago,then walked home30 miles with my head in the clouds."
-Cronos
"There are two tracks on Black Metal that we had to record more than once because we were getting them right all the time!"
-Cronos

:worship: You're right! You're right!
yeah' he's great wor Cronos

Bambi said:
problem is most intellectuals arent half as clever or informed as they like to think, hence most of their opinions are bollox, read a few of dem opinion piece newspaper columns and weep

another problem is half un-intellectuals would already like to believe that, and at least half the other half think as you, leaving little room for opinion.