"Reputation Received" in user cp

Winmar

Pillock of society
Apr 16, 2001
Canberra
In my user cp it says "Latest Reputation Received 23 points total", then lists four threads I've posted in. What does this mean, and is it a good or a bad thing?!

Reactions: Shannow
It means that based on one of your posts in that thread (click on the link and it should take you to it) someone has said, "Ooh, that's an astute observation/witty remark/something I agree with, so I shall boost his rep a bit" and boosted your rep a bit. I've never done it before though.

Something like that, anyway.

Reactions: Winmar and Shannow
Oh I see. Is that anything to do with the little green square dots next to the number of posts you've made?

The more green dots there are, the better the reputation. If you put your mouse over the green dots then a message will pop up giving your current status (usually it says "Winmar is on a distinguished road" - mine says "Spiff will become famous soon enough", etc).

Pretty damn exciting if you ask me.

[color=#aoeooa]You can click on the little button on the bottom right of your post with the man speaking on it. (Next to edit) and give people points/take away points.

And if it's your own post it shows how many points you start with. You start on a distinguished road. I'm still on 10 which I started with. I guess I don't post enough.[/color]

Reactions: Winmar
I actually got a couple of rep. boosts and checked out what I said to get them. One was in the Swedish Metal forum on a thread about lousy album cover art. I said that a cover with just a picture of a band on it was lame, someone said, "What about when Motorhead does it?" and I replied with "Motorhead can do whatever the fuck they like!". Someone thought that was pretty cool, apparently.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Once I was given negative feedback for doing this:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

in a thread where I hadn't even said anything else. Haha!

I have 16 points, 3 positives and 2 negatives..