Restaurant inside the venue???

templeofmax

Aug 13, 2009
Hi, I saw somewhere that there is a restaurant inside the venue...I am just a littrle concerned because as someone who want to stay the whole day through and see each and every band, I do need some sould food besides snacks and stuff like that. Any help with this???

There is food available but it's not very good and can take some time to get it. It's pretty much a situation where you'll likely miss part of some band. However, last year was the first time they had pizza. I heard there were a lot of problems on Friday night but on Saturday night we had our slices in about 5-10 min so we didn't have to miss anything.

Oh, and I think you have to order it at the bar where the vendors are.

Do they still have burgers and chicken strips? They have had them in years past. But like Jibrille said - they take your order and it takes a while for it to come out. You order at the bar and the bartender takes your order to the kitchen. Then you have to stand around to wait. It's very noisy in there (it's the same place where the CD vendors are at) and no place to sit. Normally when I order something there I'll take it outside the venue and eat there.

On Thursday and Friday, I normally go out to the pizza shop a block down and eat there. But they're closed on Saturdays. :(

I've never tried the in-house restaurant because I couldn't ever find it! haha. This thread is the first time I've known how to order food there. I can't remember how I ate last time I was there. I think I just went hungry. I miss the Subway around the corner. There must be someplace nearby I can run to on Saturday.

Don't bother. They suck. And they will take forever....

So long that you may actually miss a set you're looking forward to see because of them. Trust me.

I usually eat big before the show, and then eat big after the show. Probably not the most healthy option, but the only one that allows me to see and enjoy everything I want to see and enjoy.

I still think one of the best ways to get food is to walk down Peachtree street NE. Approximately .8 miles away is a Wolfgang Pucks Express. There's also a grocery store.

Also, there's Twisted Taco on 12th street, and its .7 miles away. They stay open till 3am, so if you want some late night food that's a place you can easily walk to. It is 21 and up only though.

http://www.twistedtaco.com/

Hi, I saw somewhere that there is a restaurant inside the venue...I am just a littrle concerned because as someone who want to stay the whole day through and see each and every band, I do need some sould food besides snacks and stuff like that. Any help with this???

I just posted this on the "for the newbies" thread:

Try looking here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=aa4566aa8b

Btw, if you like Chinese, the Chinese Buddha delivers to the Artmore. It's listed in the link above.

~ Jen

That restaurant in the venue is called The Vinyl. It's just as everyone has said - order at the bar. I guess that means it's not really a restaurant, so much as a bar that serves some food.

I usually eat lunch at The Madison Grille right next to the Residence Inn hotel. Across the street is Vespucci's, but I rarely see them open. That could be because I'm not paying attention or I get to the Madison first. During the day, I hit the venue's food stash or go back to the Madison, but that does mean I miss at least SOME of 1 band. Depending how hungry I am, I don't mind that, as long as I see a portion of that band's set. The bigger trouble I run into with bands vs. food is being held up after eating because I want to socialize with people I see in the bar! :lol:

The pizza last year in the Vinyl was a real life-saver! It came quick, was delicious, and cheap! I was also very happy with the chicken parmesan they were serving. It was so filling that I couldn't finish it.

Why have I not heard of this Twisted Taco before? :err: I must make it a point to try this place out! Thanks for the tip Cheiron!

I believe he's referencing Vespucci's (it's next to Subway). I was unable to find any info on them online.

It's a block from the venue. From the corner of West Peachtree NW and 17th street (corner of Center Stage), go across the street (east) on 17th street towards Peachtree Street NE, then cross that street. A Subway and Vespucci's are next door to each other. Neither are open on Saturday night. :(

Also, there's Twisted Taco on 12th street, and its .7 miles away. They stay open till 3am, so if you want some late night food that's a place you can easily walk to. It is 21 and up only though.

Easy to get there - just takes a while. Walk down West Peachtree (towards downtown), turn left on 12th street, walk about a block, it's on the left.

It's down the street from Front Page News. Steve and I ate at Twisted Taco last year. They cater to people who like Pittsburgh based sports teams (which I like). So I had fun there. :lol:

I am a vegetarian, so my choices are limited at the bar... but it is a life saver if you are really hungry or have had a bit too much to drink and need something in your stomach!

We usually have a late, large lunch at the Madison Grill Friday and Saturday. Then sneak back to the Artmore/Granada for rolls and cold cuts or something else quick. That's the major reason we stay there; location! It's close enough to go between sets and grab a bite if you're quick.

Every year I go to the Madison Grille at least one time. They had pretty good service and the food is good but the place was closed and new owners took over and I believe it is now a mexican grill.

I went to the Twisted Taco a few years ago, and that place sucked, I repeat sucked. There service was slow, it was a pretty far walk and I like to walk but too far just to eat and they fucked up the order so I would never go back there again, mainly cause of the time restraints.