Retarded fucks...

I think the fucked up thing is that the security let it happen. That's what pissed me off most. this is the club that almost every show comes to unless it is a "bigger" band like dimmu borgir. Almost all metal shows are there, including iced earth, cannibal corpse, nightwish, etc. I hope this doesn't become an issue overall.

Anyone else have anything like this happen in their area?

Yeah, most concerts here in Chicago are really laid back. It was only at like Iced Earth, Blind Guardian, and Opeth that crowds got psycho. I never thought there was this serious division between hardcore and metal fans to the point of all out war. Sure hope it doesn't spread.

i know what u mean. u get a few hardcore kids and u cant head bang anymore cause u have to keep watching your back for them or you'll get you're head taken off. and theres always like only 4 or five who end up ruining a great show.

Ok, long story short (as possible):

Some hardcore dudes showed up at a local show and started to beat the shit out of a metal dude who was asking why they were fighting. They were the pricks that do the kickdancing shit and start fights for the hell of it. So about 10 dudes jump this one metalhead, and the metalhead wasn't doing shit back, but he gets kicked out of the club. Then one of the bands is playing (drown mary) and one of the douchebags starts to try and start shit with one of the members of the band while they are on stage. So he jums off the stage onto the dude, then gets back and finishes the song, then the hardcore kids all got onstage to beat the shit out of the band. The "security" let it all happen because they are friends with the dudes who did it. It is a group, not all hardcore kids do that, but still it is bullshit.

I was reading from the link last night before anyone had replied to this topic. While I was reading it I started to think.....what the heck is the difference between a "hardcore" person and a metalhead? All I can think is that metalhead is more of a power metal person and "hardcore" is more thrash and death type of metal. I don't think that is right so can anyone clear that up for me?

Incorrect. Hardcore is not hardcore as in "I am so tough", but refering to the music style of hardcore punk. these are the kids who kick your ass for being metal and shit. I guess their mentality is the same as the ultra straight edge kids, or nazis for that matter.

Again, not saying all hardcore kids are nazis, but these fucks sure act like it.

PMF: the potty talk is just something that comes out. I cant stop my fingers. You see, it's not exactly me, but when my hands get all worked up and upset, i can't stop what comes out of them.

ABQ: Absolutely correct. I understand they are huge dudes and stuff, but seriously... who does this stuff? Very childish indeed.