Revalver 4 6505 vs TSE X50 V2

Dude this is plenty awesome! Prefer X50 here too.
Would be nice to see a comparison between X50 and Emissary from Ignite Amps, your test video is really detailed and clear enough while sounding really great!
I've heard people claiming Emissary the best amp sim out there atm (and I've compared Emissary with X50 V1 and like Emissary better).

Thanks mate! Yea, Emissary is awesome! I've done a small test with it. It's on my soundcloud if you want to have a listen. I don't think a comparison between these two is worth doing really though. They are both trying to emulate different amps.

Fighting? Sorry, but that was not my intention at all. I just came here to check this very good video and the comments on ReValver 4 and how people regard it in comparison with one of the dearest amp sims of today. I also wanted to look at the follow up comments in order to improve our product. Simple as that.

He must be lost. I haven't seen anyone fighting either. The only negative comment is his, haha.

The more I mess with Revalver the better it gets! The feel, dynamics and depth of all the amps are great. For a while, free amp sims were running away with that side of things but I actually think Revalver has took over slightly!

Hawkevil thanks for the second test. Indeed they sound pretty close but not the same.

Yea true, they're not full on identical but they are much closer in characteristics compared to my first video.

He must be lost. I haven't seen anyone fighting either. The only negative comment is his, haha.

The more I mess with Revalver the better it gets! The feel, dynamics and depth of all the amps are great. For a while, free amp sims were running away with that side of things but I actually think Revalver has took over slightly!

Great man. Again, thank you for the test and the comments!

Oh man, news for those who want to use their own impulses but find RV4 kind of flat-sounding:

Put an RIR2 module (or RIR2 Lite if you didn't buy the full one) after your amp and disable it. The amp totally opens up as it's seeing the load of the cab (even though the sound of the cab is disabled). You can even change the cab in the module to get slightly different poweramp characteristics. Then use whatever impulse(s) you like after the disabled RIR2. I'm guessing the people who think the 6505 sounds boxy haven't tried this, as it's like night and day. Also, forcing upsampling under quality mode does indeed make a big difference.

My favorite cab so far (disabled) with the 6505 is the Classic 4x12, although the RedHot PPC412, Flathill, and some others all have some nice effects as well. Running that into 6 blended impulses from my Engl 4x12, RV4 sounds BETTER (yes, I said that) than my actual 5150 through a Hot Plate into the same impulses. And it also blows X50v2 out of the water, no contest. Not that I have any problem with X50v2, it's an amazing amp sim, and you can throw it in a mix, dial up a tone, and be rolling with a fantastic sound with no trouble (or time) at all. But for life and realism, if you can deal with all the tweaking and take the time to do so, RV4 is an absolute monster and it's state of the art.

Oh man, news for those who want to use their own impulses but find RV4 kind of flat-sounding:

Put an RIR2 module (or RIR2 Lite if you didn't buy the full one) after your amp and disable it. The amp totally opens up as it's seeing the load of the cab (even though the sound of the cab is disabled). You can even change the cab in the module to get slightly different poweramp characteristics. Then use whatever impulse(s) you like after the disabled RIR2. I'm guessing the people who think the 6505 sounds boxy haven't tried this, as it's like night and day. Also, forcing upsampling under quality mode does indeed make a big difference.

My favorite cab so far (disabled) with the 6505 is the Classic 4x12, although the RedHot PPC412, Flathill, and some others all have some nice effects as well. Running that into 6 blended impulses from my Engl 4x12, RV4 sounds BETTER (yes, I said that) than my actual 5150 through a Hot Plate into the same impulses. And it also blows X50v2 out of the water, no contest. Not that I have any problem with X50v2, it's an amazing amp sim, and you can throw it in a mix, dial up a tone, and be rolling with a fantastic sound with no trouble (or time) at all. But for life and realism, if you can deal with all the tweaking and take the time to do so, RV4 is an absolute monster and it's state of the art.

clips or gtfo

Great man. Again, thank you for the test and the comments!

No problem. You can send me free stuff if you like, haha!

clips or gtfo

Haha, I agree! You really need to back up those claims mate!

He is right on having RIR2 in the chain and turning it off though. It makes quite a big difference when switching between different cabs.

I can confirm that having RIR2 in a logical spot in the chain but disabled still enables some of the 'interaction' code in the Revalver amp. The three right-click options for amp-cab interaction suddenly do more.

And comparing an amp with RIR2's 'flathill with sm57' loaded compared to RIR2 disabled but NadIR loaded with an OwnHammer Mesa SM57 impulse are _a lot_ closer. Of course the mic positions and rooms and such are not the same so they will be different in timbre, but they can be a lot closer and enough to compare.

fun little trick. Loading different cabs in a disabled RIR2 will probably select a different impedance curve to apply after the amp.

I too can confirm that having RIR2 (disabled) In between the amp and the IR loader has a distinct effect on the sound. The interesting thing is that in this configuration, even with RIR2 disabled, you can hear an audible difference in the sound when selecting different mics and positions etc. I can't tell yet if this interaction with RIR2 sounds better or not...
I've been tweaking The 6505 in RV4 since it came out. The change to EL34 tubes is a good tweak.
The other thing I tried was changing the plate voltage. This was easy to do in RV3 but in RV4 the plate voltage attribute is less obvious - I've assumed it's the parameter "ReferenceVolt". I have changed this value and it has a clear impact on the sound. Anyone tried this?
So far I've found TSE easier to dial in but I feel like I'm tweaking RV4 forever...

Sorry, no can do with the clips... I got sent out to work in rural ND shortly after I posted and my guitar is at home in WY. I'll probably mess with it some more when I get back, but that could be in a month or so. But the demo's fully functional, so it's worth a shot for whoever wants to play with it themselves!

Sorry, no can do with the clips... I got sent out to work in rural ND shortly after I posted and my guitar is at home in WY. I'll probably mess with it some more when I get back, but that could be in a month or so. But the demo's fully functional, so it's worth a shot for whoever wants to play with it themselves!

Would love to hear the comparison to the real thing. I got rid of my 5150 a few years back else I would have done it myself, haha.