Revalver III 6505 V's Real 6505 comparison

I think that this is great!!! but I do have a question for you. Why do you use Boogex instead of Revalvers RIR module?

Thanks

That is absurdly close especially considering you spent no more than 10 minutes with the program. Also thanks for the impulse.

If you wouldn't have told anyone any info about both of those files and it was a blind test I couldn't of told the difference! I would have maybe guessed you tweaked some eq or added some compression! :kickass:

Thanks for the replies.

I think that this is great!!! but I do have a question for you. Why do you use Boogex instead of Revalvers RIR module?

Thanks

I already had Boogex inserted on the DI track with the Impulse loaded, no other reason.

Any other feedback on actually using the impulse?

ThisOne.wav

Feedback on it is welcome. :)

Please do not host the file anywhere else.

thanks for the pic of the settings and the new impulse! I toyed around with the demo last night; it was interesting to swap out different power and preamp tubes. you can really get lost inside the amp for awhile. i didn't much care for the recto, but the peavey classic 30 sounded cool for light gain stuff, and i dug the 6505 on the small room stock setting.

I'm surprised you had to max out the bass. I've never maxed out the bass for guitar on anything - real or virtual. In fact, that's always the knob I immediately turn down whatever it's set at out of habit.

if using impulses, I always refer to your three (at least I think it was three) "original" ones - they slay. i got a new tune coming up and i'll probably bypass revalver's to use your old center-mic one, but i'm gonna try your new one to see how it works too. might as well give you props here, cause I don't release anything.

Great sound, hardly can tell a difference on my end. Any chance you can put that impulse back up? I've seemed to miss it by a day :cry:

RESURRECTION!!!!

Seriously though I didn't catch this thread a few months ago and now that I have MKIII I wish I could see that screenshot on the first page, but it's old or whatever. Any chance of re-uploading it?? :):):) Also, Behindert mentions using GH's "NewIR_1" impulse, which I have the folder called "GuitarHack's New IRs" or whatever, but there is a Set1 and Set2 folder...both have a ton of impulses in them. I tried searching pretty hard for a description on these as I honestly don't even remember how I got them, but I would like to know what is what, yanno? I have been using mostly the edge-1 or edge-0 impulses from any of the sets...but I have no idea what is what. I'm assuming half/1/0 means how far back the mic is? Edge - meaning edge of cone and cap? Can anyone enlighten me? :)

~006

shit link is not working for me it says like "too many connections" i tried in two different browsers. I'm dying to hear this. I'm close to getting a 5150.