reviews?

beowulf1969

Aug 21, 2011
I'm dying over here in Dallas! Somebody needs to post some reviews of the shows! I know they probably just finished their Saturday morning show (if they're not still playing). I am just desperate for some news on how the show was, setlist, etc..

Now comes the LONG wait until the live album is released.
Nick, any chance of some YouTube "teasers" between now and release day? Hope everything went as smooth as silk for ya'll.

Here is the apparent setlist for last night's show.

1.Threads
2.The Suffocating Silence
3.Dreams From The Pit
4.Parker's Eyes
5.Fall On You
6.Noonday Devil
7.Stronger Than Death
8.Black And White World
9.The Death of Faith and Reason
10.Walls

That's awesome. Sounds like an amazing set. I was hoping for Parker's Eyes, aside from Black/White World.

Anyone have any idea what the two additional songs they did Sat. morning?

So I take it it was a good show , Bones? Can you give me a little more review ? How was this keyboard player ?

Sorry , I misunderstood you . My bad .

I keep thinking about what to additional songs could be . As much SoJD Is my favorite album overall , I think the two songs I would love to hear the most are " Scarred " and " Blind My Eyes " . With those , " Parkers eyes " , And " black-and-white world ", I really couldn't ever ask for a better set list .

I can't wait to hear some reviews !

During Friday's set they had a few issues with the guitar (missed off Bernie's solo in Parker's Eyes) and Ray missed a few lines in Walls. Other than that it was a great show, good setlist and fantastic performance.

Unlike all the other bands, they had a video playing in the background (a mixture of itunes-style visualizations, still photos relating to the music and funny comments from Nick).

Saturday's performance was pretty much note perfect. Setlist was:

Threads
Suffocating Silence
Dreams From the Pit
Parker's Eyes
Fall On You
Noonday Devil
Origins of Ruin
Black and White World

Between songs Ray chatted with the audience (and repeatedly apologized for "fucking up Walls" the night before).

We got kicked out of the venue half an hour early so there was only time for one additional song. (I think I heard someone mention that the other different song they wanted to play was Keep Breathing?)

Overall verdict: awesome!

Kicked out?! Why? Wasn't the morning show really early? That sucks.
I'm still jealous as hell of you.

How was the rest of ProgPower? Any other bands stand out? How was Symphony X?

Nick said that he had been promised the venue until 10.30 then told during the performance that he had to finish at 10.

The rest of ProgPower was amazing. Symphony X were bang on form and played both DWOT and The Odyssey. Other stand outs for me were Serenity and Beyond the Bridge.

During Friday's set they had a few issues with the guitar (missed off Bernie's solo in Parker's Eyes) and Ray missed a few lines in Walls. Other than that it was a great show, good setlist and fantastic performance.

Unlike all the other bands, they had a video playing in the background (a mixture of itunes-style visualizations, still photos relating to the music and funny comments from Nick).

Saturday's performance was pretty much note perfect. Setlist was:

Threads
Suffocating Silence
Dreams From the Pit
Parker's Eyes
Fall On You
Noonday Devil
Origins of Ruin
Black and White World

Between songs Ray chatted with the audience (and repeatedly apologized for "fucking up Walls" the night before).

We got kicked out of the venue half an hour early so there was only time for one additional song. (I think I heard someone mention that the other different song they wanted to play was Keep Breathing?)

Overall verdict: awesome!

They played "Origins of Ruin"? Yes!! Can't wait to see that on the DVD!

They played "Origins of Ruin"? Yes!! Can't wait to see that on the DVD!

There was a deathly silence after the song ended which was such a shame because its a great song. Ray joked that that was exactly the same response as in London.

There was a deathly silence after the song ended which was such a shame because its a great song. Ray joked that that was exactly the same response as in London.

I was quiet following the song because I wanted to hear the final decay of that last note and because it is such a gut wrenching song, I didn't want to spoil the moment. I know several people felt the same way.

They might have played Nocturnal as well? I cant remember

Hi folks!

We did play Nocturnal, yes.

Still seething about having to stop 30 minutes early (well, 15). The crew and Glenn had nothing to do with this...and I didn't want to get the crew in trouble with an increasingly petulant tour and sound manager for another band (notably, the band, I'm sure, had nothing to do with it either).

Anyhow, we had a blast and I hope to get the DVD footage in the next few weeks so I can start the process of editing. I remember it took FOREVER last time... : \

This is my first post here. I've been a lurker and I'm an active member of the Dream Theater Forums. I was at the ProgPower performance and the Saturday morning "private show." I traveled from NY pretty much just to see Redemption. Nick's lyrics touch me like nothing else, and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to be a part of this special moment! It was an honor to shake your hand on Saturday, Nick. The shows were great and it was so wonderful to meet other hardcore fans of this band. I made some great friends. The Saturday morning show was so intimate and I was swept away. One of my new friends and her brother cried during "The Origins of Ruin" and they made me tear up, haha. I wore a NY Knicks jersey so I could easily spot myself in the footage on Friday, but nobody has posted any Redemption clips on YouTube! I can't wait to see the DVD. Thanks again to Redemption for making this weekend extra special. I think I'll be going to future ProgPowers after this. There's such a feeling of family there and it was really heartwarming.

God, I am so jealous of you guys. Sounds like Origins was quite emotional. It seems there was no reaction from the crowd as they were stunned by the magnitude of the song. I know I am deeply touched with songs like Black/White that sometimes I get a little choked up, and that's just from singing along in my car!

I know we'd like to hear all the songs from all the albums, but it sounds like there was a fantastic setlist. Everyone has their favorites, and I am certainly no exception to that. I'm just hopeful that next tour there may be room to fit in something like "Scarred", which is another powerful song for me.

I agree with you, Mebert. Nick's lyrics touch me and speak to me like no one else's. Normally if a songs sounds good, I listen, regardless of the lyrical content. But Redemption makes me listen to the words, and there is so much emotion. It obviously helps knowing something about the trials and tribulations Nick has had to endure, but that makes the songs that much more touching.

Can't wait for the DVD, Nick! And the next album of new material!
Thank you for the music! For the chance to see the concert on DVD for those of us unfortunate enough to not make it to ProgPower.

I agree, beowulf. Redemption's lyrics really set them apart from other bands, for me. I know a lot of music fans often could care less about lyrics, but it seems like people who are truly passionate about Redemption seem to have some attachment to the lyrics. I told Nick on Saturday that his lyrics inspire me to live a better life and be a better person, and i meant it. I think you're right about Origins. We were all stunned. If they played "Memory," I would've been a mess. That song gets to me everytime!

Before their set Friday night, a bunch of us were standing in front of the stage chatting about the songs. One person got the ball rolling with "If they play ---, I am going to start crying". Someone else picked it up and said the same about a different song. I confessed that my tears would start flowing if they played Used To Be. All in all, 7 separate songs, mentioned by 7 different people, were mentioned as songs likely to open the floodgates. I doubt many songwriters, especially in a metal genre, could ever make that claim. Thanks, Nick.

This is my first post here. I've been a lurker and I'm an active member of the Dream Theater Forums. I was at the ProgPower performance and the Saturday morning "private show."

I thought you looked familiar. You run the Kevin Moore forum right?

I was there for Saturday morning only. Was bummed they had to cut the set early, but I know it was not the band's fault. Regardless, was my first time to see Redemption. Hopefully it becomes economically feasible for the band to play again around Atlanta and/or for me to travel to see them. Band sounded really good.

Rick..