REVOLVER and GUITARWORLD magazines...

Justinschut said:
And John Petrucci´s guitar strap is to short.... it looks stupid

Because looking "cool" is more important than playing well :rolleyes:...I think Petrucci's playing speaks for itself.

As for Alexi's comment...I couldn't give two shits if he likes Dream theater or not, but I'm a frequent poster on some DT-related forums and I have to say, he burned a lot of bridges with this statement. I don't think he realizes how many of his fans happen to be huge DT fans as well.

Its never a smart move to badmouth another band in public, especially when many of your fans like that band as well.

Silver Incubus said:
Apparently Alexi Cannot have his own opinion....

apparently you didn't read my post correctly. I said I don't give a shit what Alexi thinks about Dream Theater...the problem here is that he chose to *badmouth* a talented band in a printed, popular magazine. Thats what called a lack of tact. Yngwie chose to do the same thing numerous times and look where that got him...everyone thinks he's an asshole.

ya i agree alexi shouldnt have said anything about dream theatre because people will start taking sides and being like i dont like alexi now cause he made fun of dream theatre.

however he didnt really say anythin that offensive or anythin, he agrees they r very talented but just thinks they are boring live.

anywhom...i got another thing from guitar world....

alexi says he does not like how black metal bands intentionaly make their recordings sound like crap.

i agree with him here, i think many black metal bands would be more enjoyable to listen to if their recording werent so shitty. i know some do it on purpose to make a certain atmosphere but personely i am not a fan of shitty recordings.

what do you people think?

HauknessX said:
ya i agree alexi shouldnt have said anything about dream theatre because people will start taking sides and being like i dont like alexi now cause he made fun of dream theatre.

however he didnt really say anythin that offensive or anythin, he agrees they r very talented but just thinks they are boring live.

*dream theater

*is a picky bastard :loco:

HauknessX said:
anywhom...i got another thing from guitar world....

alexi says he does not like how black metal bands intentionaly make their recordings sound like crap.

i agree with him here, i think many black metal bands would be more enjoyable to listen to if their recording werent so shitty. i know some do it on purpose to make a certain atmosphere but personely i am not a fan of shitty recordings.

what do you people think?

the reason why I dont listen to black metal.

Oh NOOOOOEEESSS!!!!one, teh Wildchild bashed Wank Theater aka Cheese Theater aka Proggydork Theater!

Honestly, I must say I agree with him. Not because I'm a sheepish fangirl who thinks Allu can't be wrong, but because I happen to have the same opinion on Dream Theater and proggish metal in general: skilled but booooring!

[edit]OH NOOOOOEEEESS, Tutty's gonna kill me now!!!! Oooh, but then he's gonna kill someone else too...!!!;););)

SR~VE said:
Oh NOOOOOEEESSS!!!!one, teh Wildchild bashed Wank Theater aka Cheese Theater aka Proggydork Theater!

Honestly, I must say I agree with him. Not because I'm a sheepish fangirl who thinks Allu can't be wrong, but because I happen to have the same opinion on Dream Theater and proggish metal in general: skilled but booooring!

[edit]OH NOOOOOEEEESS, Tutty's gonna kill me now!!!! Oooh, but then he's gonna kill someone else too...!!!;););)

You know I finally got this issue and the quote being posted around online is taken a little out of context. Alexi is refering to the fact that Dream Theater pretty much stand like statues while they play live (except for their drummer, of all members). And yeah, I agree with him that it is kinda lame to have zero stage charisma/presence. But then again, Dream Theater is one of the most popular bands as far as good musicians go these days...I think he could have said the same thing only directed at Tool :).

And a non boring Progmetal band = Symphony X :headbang:

more from the interview

"no one drinks, trashes hotel rooms, or fucks groupies in the tourbus. It's all about being a vegetarian and doing yoga and shit like that." So how does Laiho's rock star lifestyle stack up? Any drinking? "Oh yeah," he says with enthusiasm. "I think we've got that covered" Trashed hotel rooms? "Without a doubt. We wrecked one in Greece that cost us 2000 euro's in damage. You pay for it, man, but it's worth every cent" Any groupies on the bus? "Yeah..." Lost of them? "Yeah..." Does he keep photographic evidence, like gene simmons does? "No!" he shouts, then laughs. "I guess I've still got a way to go before I get the whole thing right."

And by the way: Someone phuleeease scan and upload the interview, kthx!;) (Because, the magazine ain't available *everywhere*, y'know;))

I could type the interview... but i feel like making you all pay dearly fo this magazine. MUAHAHAHA

actually, i just don't have th etime, or the patience.

Angel_of_Death666 said:
I can always find a a Guitar World at most places here but for some reason I cannot find this issue anywhere. It's pisssinnngg me offff!!!!! :yell:

go to sam ash, guitar center, or whatever other big music stores there are.

Oh. and if you buy it from guitar center, it's close to 8 bucks, over i think.

I refuse to buy any more magiazines, i don't care if i won a fre lesson with rusty cooley, im not buying anymore shit, young guitar are the only good ones, they actually teach you shit, instead of advertising and interviews.